Thursday, September 5, 2019

CSA Show Chantilly and Shore Leave Hunt Valley

So on a day in July I had two cons. CSA Show and Shore Leave. My plan was a quick stop to CSA and off to Shore Leave. Sadly that plan didn't quite work out as flawlessly as I had hoped. Let us begin.

Arrive at CSA show with three goals. Floyd Mayweather (my shot is hat, shades, and car shot so I needed the upgrade), actor Andrew Bryniarski who was in Batman Returns, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Zangief in the Van Damme Street Fighter movie, and Artimus Pyle who was the second drummer of Lynyrd Skynyrd. He didn't play for Sweet Home Alabama but was in other hits.

I get both Andrew and Artimus and it was smooth as can be. Now the problem. Floyd came in very late. This threw off my plans. Thankfully I managed to buy a little time when the worker let me in to the front cause I told him I had other engagements. Split the photo op and was off to Shore Leave.

Floyd Mayweather

Andrew Bryniarski

Artimus Pyle


The drive to shore leave had lots of traffic patches which was shocking considering it was Saturday and not a work day. But I finally do arrive. Sadly when I arrive two of my wants, Erica Durance and Laura Vendervoort, had left their tables to their panels. They were not scheduled to return to their table till their free autograph session (where there would be no photo ops). So I had to improvise. 

Before I figured all this out I got Ethan Peck (Star Trek), Michael Shanks from Stargate, and Lexa Doig from Jason X and Arrow. Now when I figure out I couldn't get Erica and Laura I pleaded my situation to various people till I got to the main man of the con. He basically said if I waited till the end of the free autograph session with Erica, Laura, and Shawn Ashmore (who I had) I would be able to pay for photo ops at the table. Sucks I had to stay till the end but that was miles ahead of coming back the next day. So I very happily accepted that offer.

Got the autograph from Shawn then I got Laura and Erica. Then was out of there.

Ethan Peck

Michael Shanks

Lexa Doig

Laura Vandervoort

Erica Durance

No comments:

Post a Comment