Sunday, September 1, 2019

Mark Wahlberg, Helen Hunt and plenty more in June

In early June the band Smash Mouth, best known for their hit song All Star, were performing. I managed to find a flight for them. There's two original members, namely Steve Harwell (singer) and Paul De Lisle (bassist). Went to their early morning flight and all were nice as can be. Did combos no issue. Good thing I did the flight cause at the venue there was a meet and greet but the public had no access to it and the singer did not stop after the show. I even heard some people attempted to offer money to enter the meet and greet but got denied! 

Smash Mouth photo ops

Autographs

After this sweeping success I would make a quick stop at All State Comic Con and get Jessica Parker Kennedy from The Flash, improving my over the table shot from NYCC a few years ago.



Next up, Mark Whalberg was promoting his Wahlburgers in AC. This would be flourished with blunder moves. First off arrived early. Eventually they lined up. I was at the front of the line but when Mark arrived he started in the back, basically completely fucking all those who came first! Combo hunting can truly be a cruel hobby/jobby. By the time he got to me I was "last" and had to really shout and struggle but I scored the shot! 

I rode up with 2 others. From my crew 2 of us including me got the shot and 1 did not at that point. Later on he went in the store and did nice calm combos with people inside! In hindsight should have been inside eating food before they closed it to the public! 

While he was eating inside other graphers slipped in items in between the glass panes and got him to sign! By the time I got to him it was too late as the stuff shut this off.

As he left I managed to score an autograph and the 1 guy who failed got the photo op. 

All in all it was a long grueling horrid struggle marked with blunders and punches, but we alll came out on the plus side.

Photo op

Autograph


On another day I made a stop to McGoobys where actor Harland Williams had a comedy show. Got him at his table after the show was nice as can be.



Next up, a band The Minus 5 that featured two members of REM Peter Buck and Mike Mills. Already got Michael Stipe in NYC before so these would be great additions. After the show I managed to get Peter. Then Mike said he would only do ops if I bought merch from his band mate Scott McCaughey. So I bought a $5 CD then got the op with Mike. After this I ended it with some barely valids.

Full list of photo ops


And finally, thanks to an alert from board members Greg/Lanza I was on my way to NYC as Helen Hunt was doing an "easy" show spot where she was stopping every night doing photo ops. By all reports of Helen Hunt and by my own personal experience with her when she stops she does autographs but never photo ops. So for there to be a setting where she is stopping and doing photo ops? That I had to pull the trigger on as there may never be another chance for that again. At the very least this is the first instance I've heard of in my combo lifetime. 

Also there was actress Tracie Thoms. So I wait, get joined by Vanessa and friend, and the witching hour is approaching. Tracie Thoms comes out and is nice. Finally Helen does and I score that photo op. At one point I thought she snuk in her car but thankfully that was her mother. I also grab some barely valids at that spot. David Garrison comes out but I don't bother with him as I have him so I just take someone's op. 

Move to another spot for Vanessa Carlton sadly she only signs and all I get are some barely valids. Check out another spot for Samantha Barks but she is gone (I would make that up in the future). Go back to join Vanessa and friend for some more names, then drive to NJ for the Fanfest con in Edision!

Helen Hunt

Full list of NYC photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment