Thursday, September 19, 2019

Some scattered meets throughout August

First up, Aerosmith! I need photo ops from everyone not named Steve or Joe, and need autographs from everyone not named Steve. So when there were flights for the 3 lower members of Aerosmith, I was all over that! The difficulty of each member would go up with each subsequent flight.

First up is Tom Hamilton. Was very nice. Signed my two albums did ops. Next up Brad Whitford. Was a bit reluctant but managed to get him. Finally Joe Kramer which was like pulling teeth as he had little desire to stop. But I managed to get one of my albums signed and a photo op. 

After this I can now say I have photo op with every member of Aerosmith! I didn't feel like putting time in the hotel but those that did managed to get stuff. Including Joe Perry autographs which I needed badly. 

Tom Hamilton

Brad Whitford

Joey Kramer

Autographs



Next up, John Travolta! Upon an alert that he might be in town I managed to find screening info on him. I have him already but I had an album signed by Olivia Newton John and missing him for a complete. So I had to get that done. Arrive at the spot and his car stops. He does the roll down and is nice as can be! Get ops and my items done. Wow it's so rare for celebs to be that cool and more so celebs of his level. As a bonus I got a bald headed photo op update with him. Sure was better than paying big money at a con. 

John Travolta Take 1

John Travolta Take 2

Autographs



Next up, Rufus Wainwright was doing a show. I don't like my photo ops with him so I figure I'd try to improve it. Arrive and go to see if he's doing a signing, turns out the opening acts are. They are a husband/wife due called The Rails. Never heard of them before this moment, but they are on wikipedia. So I got the photo op. Then go out back and wait for Rufus. He comes out and is nice as can be. Sadly I can't consider this shot an upgrade as he has a beard.

Kamila Thompson and James Walbourne

Rufus Wainwright



And finally, it was HAMMERTIME! I have a shot with MC Hammer from a few years ago but it's a bad shot. So it was upgrade time. I remember the song "Can't Touch This" from my middle school plus Weird Al made a parody "Can't Watch This". Also during my middle school days I remember the phrase 2 Legit 2 Quit. Also in this tour is Tone Loc. Don't care for him as a rapper as I don't care for rap in general, but he was in movies such as Blank Check and Ace Ventura which made him a want of mine.

Go to the spot and first spotting is Young MC. Nice as can be. Wait some more and MC Hammer is spotted. Get a photo op. Finally spot Tone Loc and get a photo op. Then got a booty call 10 minutes away via the website Double List so I left the spot for some sexual action. 

After I got done with that I returned to the spot and tried to get a suited MC Hammer as he left but he blanked . 

Didn't see Sir Mix-A-Lot at that spot so tried to go to the venue to see if he could be obtained. Wow that venue was the worst. The most ghetto area you could ever imagine, couldn't wait in the back, there were guards and police stationed everywhere to a point where there wasn't even an ideal position you could station your car and wait for his van. Legit feared for my life. I can safely say I will never go there again.

Go back to the original spot. MC Hammer comes back and this time I get a suited photo op and an autograph. Saw Kid of Kid and Play hanging in the lobby but I have a perfect shot with him so I had no reason to go up to him.

Young MC

MC Hammer

Tone Loc

Suited MC Hammer

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment