Tuesday, March 22, 2022

90s Con in Connecticut

The first ever 90s con had such an awesome line up. It's amazing the array of guests they had. I needed 13 people which is unusual for me these days unless it's something like Chiller.  To boot I wasn't able to make Christmas Con last December but the names I needed from there were booked here. And while I needed only a fraction of the line up, 13 people was still a lot of money. I came into the show with some splits but thankfully I saw someone there unplanned and split most everything else. This was truly an angel sent to me from the combo Gods!

I was also thinking of upgrading my TLC photo ops as I got T-Boz with shades and Chilli with hat and shades at the arirpot in the past. But it seems Chilli wore shades anyway and both had COVID ridden photo ops. This combined with $150 for the pro op and $50 for the solo ops, I promptly scratched them off of my list. I also scratched off Christy Carlson Romano from my list because she was only doing expensive pro ops that I had no interest in paying this kind of money for her.

My top wants here were Reginald VelJohnson and Jo Marie Payton from Family Matters and Andrea Barber from Full House. They are amongst the last names I need from these two shows. 

First off I get Andrea Barber from Full House. Someone I failed on in the streets. Then Vinessa Shaw from Hocus Pocus, and the Family Matters cast that I needed in Jo Marie Payton and and Reginald VelJohnson. 

Then I get Joey Lawrence from Blossom. People were not at their tables so I went to the comic book area to try and get a photo with Nancy Silberkleit of Archie Comics fame. But sadly she had a mask on for ops. Thankfully this would be the only time COVID would get in my way as far as 90s con goes.

Then I got Matthew Lawrence from Mrs Doubtfire, Jenna Leigh Green from Sabrina, and rounded up the Lawrence brothers with actor Andrew Lawrence.

Then get Trina McGee from Boy Meets World. Really hope they book the mom and dad of that show in the next 90s con. Next up someone who is a bitch on the streets, Mara Wilson from Mrs Doubtfire and Miracle on 34th Street. She was doing over the table shots, but I found the best angle and it looks great. Definitely better than paying for a pro op.

Round up my time at 90s con with Beth Broderick and Caroline Rhea of Sabrina fame. 

Sadly there were autographs I could have used, Andrea Barber on a Full House cast, Scott Wolf on a Full House Cast and Aladdin items, Mara Wilson and Matthew Lawrence on a Mrs Doubtfire DVD signed by both Lisa Jakub and Robin Williams himself, but with prices at cons being so high and more upcoming cons in my calendar, I can't be paying for both autos and photos. I have to pick one and even then I struggle to do so.

After this left Hartford and stopped by Stamford to get a photo op with WWE Headquarters. They were supposed to start moving in 2019 but those plans were shelved due to the virus.

Andrea Barber

Reginald Vel Johnson

Jo Marie Payton

Full list of 90s con photo ops

WWE HQ in Stamford, CT


No comments:

Post a Comment