Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Monstermania, Winter Con, and NYC meets

This was a weekend of 3 cons (Monstermania, Winter Con, and 90s Con). I feared the worst in terms of spending money, but only ended up spending a fraction of what I feared as I would wind up splitting almost everybody at each con, be it a combo split or an op split. I would also get zero autographs combined in all 3 cons. So that further cut down on costs. 

My first stop would be Monstermania in Cherry Hill. This would be my first major non-wrestling con of 2022. Praise the lord, I didn't need the major Dexter names cause I had them. It was a nice feeling not to have to worry about standing in line for the likes of Michael C Hall. 

First up I would get Logan Kim from the new Ghostbusters movie. Then Teo Briones from the Chucky TV show. Next up, the only Dexter names I would get as I had the rest, Erik King and CS Lee. Then my main want from the show, Thora Birch from American Beauty and Hocus Pocus.

After this it was smooth sailing at Monstermania as I rounded it up with director Steve Miner and actress Steve Miner actress Barbara Crampton.

Go to NYC and meet up with Venessa and David. We pass by a spot and see a celeb car. Turns out it's Kristen Stewart but sadly she doesn't stop. 

Thora Birch

Monstermania photo ops


Next day I wake up and it's time for Winter Con in Queens. Sadly I would find out my main want Nick Stahl AKA John Conner in Terminator 3 canceled. PUNCH. 

First up I get signed a Funko pop toy of Nick Castle for someone. Since he was free ops with the auto, I got the update. And it's an 11 year update as my op with him is from 2011.

Then I got composer Alan Howarth. He did sound in many great movies. Then rare actors from the movie Aliens, William Hope and Ricco Ross. I rounded this con with finally getting a photo with actress Jennifer Blanc. Always saw her at cons but never got her. I figured the price was good.

Got some rest in the car as I still had a long weekend ahead of me. After that got a tip for Lenny Kravitz at a hotel. I joined Vanessa and David there. It was freezing cold. Wait and Lenny finally goes into his vehicle, signs, and is super nice. I ask for the picture he agrees. Unfortunately he doesn't agree to remove the mask. So my first NYC photo op of 2022 is worthless.

Next we try a venue for Slash of Guns and Roses but it was done. Then finally the last spot for the evening where we were expecting actress Zoe Kravitz and others.

Coming in she blanks, but going out she signs and gives a horrible autograph. I get two things done. She didn't do photos but thankfully I already have the photo.

Besides Zoe I get a fresh op with actor Gianni Paolo and repeat photo ops with Whitney Peak, Kate McKinnon, and Alex Moffat. I saw Lorne Michaels and tried to get an autograph but sadly he didn't spot. So NYC was largely a bust. Then it was off to Hartford for 90s con.

Winter Con photo ops

Full list of NYC photo ops

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment