Monday, March 21, 2022

An array of music meets and more

So there was a music event. The guest of honor was Lionel Richie. My main want is Boyz II Men who I never met. I arrive and see 2 of 3 members go in the car but sadly miss them.

Then I see Gloria and Emilio Estefan (whom I have multiple ops with). I get them both to sign a magazine cover. I also see Lionel (whom I also have) but he declines signing. Largely a bust.

Next day I go to the hotel and miss country singer Luke Bryan posing for ops by about 40 minutes! This would be the only opportunity cause he declined when I saw him leaving the hotel. 

Then I see singer Miguel. Not familiar with his work but he was nice and I got the op. Saw Andra Day who I have. People asked and she stopped so I got another photo op since she was being so nice. Saw Nathan Morris of Boyz II Men who was nice as can be and I got a combo with him. The other two then entered a vehicle and sadly didn't stop. Also saw actor Anthony Anderson but I have so many ops with him didn't need to ask.

On returns I see Estefans again but not much else. Was hoping for Boyz II Men but then I see that they have a show the next day like 40 minutes away. So they will probably check in somewhere else! Faaaaaakk!!

This spot was dead and got a tip of an afterparty at another spot. Was hoping to see Boyz II Men there but "only" saw Anthony Anderson, Lionel Richie, and Miguel. Got the full combo with Lionel and another photo with Miguel. 

Overall I didn't leave empty handed but missed out on fresh ops.

Full list of photo ops

Autographs


Next day I go to the airport for the Dutchess of York Sarah Ferguson flying out. She is nice as can be as she exists the vehicle but sadly declines to remove the mask. BUST.

Sarah Ferguson


Then I get a call from another combo hunter for the hotel of country band The Oak Ridge Boys. They are an old school country band known for hits like Bobbie Sue and Elvira. The setup he described was a dream setup. Their bus is parked in a parking lot across the street from the hotel. And they will all walk to the bus. Hearing this, I could not pass this up.

I was impressed cause everything he said came true. Four old men were walking from the hotel to the parking lot. It's amazing how many young folks want the vehicle right by the door yet these guys are walking a long distance across the street. 

First up is Duane Allen. He came through not long after I arrived. Was nice but personalized my blank photopaper. Took like 3-4 hours but we finally see another one, this time Richard Sterban who was the least friendly of the four. I asked for the op he goes "what is it you want?" and I explain and he poses. My buddy asks for the auto which be begrudgingly does then ignores my request for the auto.

Next is Joe Bonsall who was crossing the street limping. Nice as can be, signed and took a photo. And finally William Lee Golden who was also super nice.

The Oak Ridge Boys

Autograph

No comments:

Post a Comment