Saturday, April 8, 2023

An array of mostly comedy names in March

So there was an event with comedy meets, and sadly I had met most everyone. The only person I really needed was Jennifer Anniston and I knew that was a long shot. But I tried to see what could be had. 


A couple of nights before the event Adam Sandler was at a restaurant. I decided to go there see what could be had. I grabbed my VHS tape for Adam to sign. Eventually he leaves and starts singing one per but a huge PUNCH as I grabbed the wrong VHS tape from my car! I took instead the ET VHS tape I had for Drew Barrymore! I did manage to get a photo op with Jonathan Loughran who was in many movies with Adam. Adam himself wasn't trying to take photos but I have 3 ops I got in NYC.

To boot, I had a big umbrella which I left on the floor so I could free up my hands. According to the restaurant employee my umbrella was taken by Adam Sandler's people! WTF!

So I drive to Adam's hotel since I knew where that is. This time I am sure to grab the correct Big Daddy VHS tape. As he is loading off I say "Adam I didn't get you" and he replies "I love everything about you" and signs for me. Success! Then I say "did one of you snatch my umbrella" and a woman gives it back to me. Jonathan then goes "she was keeping it safe for you" and I thank everyone and wish them all a good night.

Jonathan Loughran

Signed VHS


This day starts at the airport for Steve Buscemi. We see him and he is all masked up. He says one each but signs more. I get him on three photos. He barely takes mask ops but that's ok cause I have a great shot from NYC. Next up, Judd Apatow. Get him on four photos and an update op.

Abandon the airport and the comedy for an event with actress Amber Midthunder and producer Jhane Myers. After the event and q&a I get selfies and autos from them. Then they then did a signing where they gave away signed posters. Sadly I was too far behind in line and they ran out of posters, but I got another photo op with both of them at the table. 

Tried the hotel for the comedy but it was hard to get access. Went to the airport for David Spade and got an auto and a downgrade op. Back to the hotel but by that point people were inside (I heard only Adam came out and signed). This ended the night.

Amber Midthunder and Jhane Myers

Full list of photo ops



Now t
he day of the event. No shock but we would not see Jennifer Anniston all day or night. 

Steve Buscemi comes by and he signs but doesn't do ops till after he is past me. It's ok I have a great shot already. I get some autos. Conan O’Brien signed and I got autos. David Spade signed and I got an auto. Idina Menzel didn't stop but thankfully I got her in NYC. I then get a fresh op Tim Herlihy (who wrote many Adam Sandler movies). I also got Robert Smigel AKA Triumph the insult comic dog who signed as Triumph and wrote "Steven you are a treasured fan for me to poop on".

Got Dana Carvey update and autographs. Ben Stiller came and took care of everyone. I got a downgrade shot and autos as he came in and left. In a way it was heartbreaking to see how a big name can easily take care of everyone while so many people want no part of it. Got an op  with Dan Bulla who wrote some of the newer Adam Sandler movies. Chris Rock came in and out and barely stopped thankfully I have a great shot from NYC. Also got an auto from Rob Schneider didn't need to put effort for an op.

Luis Guzman did very little and I wasn't able to get him. Thankfully I have a great shot from NYC but wanted autos.

On red carpet entries I got Tinx, Nikki Glaser, Conan O'Brien (with hair), Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos, Ian Fidance, and others. Drew Berrymore came and did nothing but thankfully I have her. Adam Sandler greeted everyone but entered without doing any autos or photos.

Jonathan Loughran came in and stopped for people. I said hello and told him he already did an op with me and I asked if he remembered me. He goes "yes, you're umbrella boy".

Exits of the event was a total bust. So I went to the hotel to see what I could get coming back. I got Pete Davidson autos and updated photo op, I got a photo op with musician Michael Bearden. Rob 
Schneider and Robert Smigel came. I got two more autos from Schneider plus an updated photo op, and got another auto from Smigel this time signed as Robert Smigel. And Adam Sandler lined everyone up and did one each no ops. Luis Guzman ignored.

Full list of photo ops

Signed 8x10s part 2

Signed 8x10s part 3

Signed blanks (Steve Buscemi, Pete Davidson, and Robert Smigel) 

No comments:

Post a Comment