Thursday, April 6, 2023

Multi day haul in NYC, Philly, and respective areas

In early March, I decided to make my first NYC venture of 2023. There were a few names I wanted in the "easy" NYC shows. There was a Sarah Ferguson book signing where ops were guaranteed. And there were multiple cons in the vicinity which of course translates to tons of guaranteed ops. And of course, who knows what other things you can stumble upon.

My first stop was the Sarah Ferguson signing at book ends. It was pre signed books and ops. Went up to her, she was friendly. Got the op. Then got the pre signed book. 

Entered NYC for the first time in 2023. Start with the "easy" show spots. My first spot with for actresses Constance Shulman and Aya Cash. I see Constance come out with Jenna Fischer (repeat name sadly) and get ops with both, but somehow I sadly never see Aya (spoiler alert I would make that up the next day). 

Go to the next spot for Courtney Henggeler from Cobra Kai. Nice as can be. Next a spot an event  with Idris Elba, Dermot Crowley, Andy Serkis. But had them all. Needed an Idris upgrade but missed him as I arrived. Got another with Dermot, a couple of get if there names, and got Andy again at his hotel when he left the spot to the hotel. 

After this I commandeered my free parking spot. 

Sarah Ferguson Duchess of York

Courtney Henggeler

Full list of Day 1 photo ops


Wake up and my first stop is to try for an upgrade with Kerry Washington and some autographs. Margaret Cho enters and does ops but didn't need her. Kerry unfortunately says on the way out. This prevented me from trying another spot though in hindsight I would have made it back. On the way out she keeps her word and I get her on two magazines plus the upgrade. 

I go to the next spot on the off chance that I see Adam Driver. No shock he eventually garaged. I get actress Chloe Fineman (though that victory would be neutered in a couple of days). Actress Hannah Waddingham is also due to this spot, but I try her leaving the hotel and she blanks. Beat her back to the spot but no luck. 

Then go to another event to see what I can get on entries. I get a fresh op with actor Edgar Ramirez, updates with Christian Slater, Nicholas Braun, and Tom Sturridge, among other things. Sadly I fail on both Brenda Vaccaro and Sam Waterston. The former ignores and the latter waved at me when I asked for the op (though he was wearing a mask anyway). Bernadette Peters was there all masked up but thankfully I didn't need the op. 

Went to the hotel for Hannah Waddingham and by miracle I caught her not long before she was checking out. But that victory would be negated in another event in another city in the future.

Back to the event for exits, the only significant thing I get is an upgrade with Ellen Burstyn of Exorcist fame. The rest I got were sadly all updates. Namely Camryn Manheim, Taylor Russell, Kenneth Lonergan, and Josh Hamilton.

Walk back to the "easy" show spots to try for Aya Cash again. This time I see her and get the op. Then to another spot for actor Dakin Matthews (My Two Dads), Jordan Donica (Charmed, Blue Bloods), and Andrew Burnap (Snow White). Phillipa Soo (Moana) is there but I have her. She ends up not being so nice. I score Dakin and Jordan, but sadly Andrew doesn't take off the mask despite my pleas. This ended the day.

Kerry Washington

Aya Cash

Full list of Day 2 photo ops part 1

Full list of Day 2 photo ops part 2


Left my golden parking spot in NYC and it was off to Philadelphia before going to Monstermania in Cherry Hill. The top guest of the con was Charlie Hunnam. And it was a name I needed. He was $120 a pro op with no table and that wasn't very appealing to me. So I decided to try my luck at the airport. He arrived and was nice as can be. This saved me from a pro-op migraine. Next up was Rebecca Gayheart coming in. She wasn't so nice and barely did two ops before literally running away. I was lucky to get one of them. Not as good as the ops at the con but I like the price much better. 

Now it was off to the con. First I got Melanie Kinnaman of Friday the 13th fame. Then Amie Donald AKA M3GAN. And finally Eduardo Franco from Stranger Things. Got some dinner, came back to Monstermania, got a group shot with Amelie McLain and David Howard Thornton of Terrifier fame and the Terrifier director Damien Leone.

Started driving back to NYC but couldn't finish the drive due to falling asleep. So spent the night sleeping at a rest stop in Jersey. 

Charlie Hunnam

Rebecca Gayheart

Amie Donald

Full list of Day 3 photo ops


Back in NYC, and first stop is Big Event in Queens. Despite the chaos, I find my way in. And thankfully I did not need any of the bigger guests as I had gotten them before between airports, hotels, and other cons. Praise the lord. So my time there was pretty smooth. First op is my second ever member of Lucha House Party, Gran Metalik. Still missing Kalisto.

I needed James Mitchell to finish up an old TNA program. So I got the dual op with him and James Mitchell and Max The Impaler (that is a cool op) along with the auto. Then got ECW original Jason Knight, got an upgrade with Ernest Miller since I had a splitter, then ECW original Angel Amoroso, all wedding dressed. I also noticed Shirley Alvarez AKA the Tragic Doll attending the event, so I asked her for an op. She basically has a rare skin hardening disease and uses her disability to make herself a public figure. Christina Ricci was basically standing there with no lone, which was odd to see. I suppose it's a combination of her price and the fact that she was in a wrestling con.

With some downtime, hit up a buffet and on to the "easy" show spots. First up Mexican actress Veronica Falcon who was in Jungle Cruise starring the Rock. She was cool and signed and took photos. Then went for actor Rhys Coiro. Got there in time as he was outside talking to people. 

Went to the next spot and apparently missed Jack Endino entering the building. Not a huge deal but cool to get. Then it was off to the final spot for the night where actress Jenna Ortega and others would show up. Sadly I knew Jenna was a long shot and indeed she blanked going in and going out. 

My only fresh name here is actress Riki Lindhome. Otherwise got Fred Armisen (update) and Chloe Fineman (update from 2 days ago). I saw Michael Ealy doing ops and he cut it off just as I was about to go up to him, but I have him from before so it's ok.

Gran Metalik (with pinyata)

Veronica Falcon

Full list of Day 4 photo ops


Bidding farewell to NYC, the final day I would start by attending Mega Show in Jersey. First get is Aliens suit actor Carl Toop. Then actress Peggy Miley from stranger things and other movies. Predator 2 suit actor Davis Smith is next. Then got director Sheldon Lettich who directed many Van Damme movies. And got actress Deborah Rennard who was in Lionheart starring Van Damme and in Dallas. Ended my time at this con with actor Michael Wright who I shockingly never got before. 


Then it was off to Monstermania for one final name who was not there Friday and who I didn't get at the airport, Brooke Smith from Silence of the Lambs. Was in and out very quick and hit the road as I had to drive out of area for a meet (which will be in another report).


Now to showcase autographs obtained:

Duchess book

TNA program

8x10s and magazines

No comments:

Post a Comment