Monday, April 10, 2023

Galaxy Con Richmond and post Galaxy Con meets including A list music

Galaxy Con was in Richmond and had guests I needed. You had the 86 year old Walter Koenig who I cannot believe they managed to get, and you had two rare Reeves Superman guests. Namely Jeff East who played young Clark Kent in the first one, and Mark Pillow who played Nuclear Man in the fourth one. Anything related to the Reeves Superman is a good score. So this was a con I had to attend. 

I arrive in Richmond and find a free parking spot within a 10 minute walk from the con. A good start. First off, I get Paulo Costanzo from Road Trip. Since most other celebs I wanted weren't at their table I thought I'd go try for some comic book names. I get a Mark Bagley combo. He signed my Spiderman comic book. Then Simon Bisley (Lobo). I get Dan Jurgens to sign a Superman comic (didn't ask for the op since I have a great one). 

Then I go up to Marvel artist John Romita Jr who had some extensive VIP packages that were too rich for my blood. I simply ask him for the op and I get that. And finally I get D. G. Chichester (Daredevil).

Back to celebs, I get Walter Koenig. Wow he is in such great shape for 86. Then to actor and comedian Dave Foley. And finally Jeff East and Mark Pillow. 

Then I wait at the table for illustrator Daren Dochterman (The Abyss, Master and Commander, many more). Finally he arrives with Mark Altman and one other guy. Get ops and a signed poster.

Ended my time at Galaxy Con with a photo op from actress Melanie Scrofano. 

Walter Koen

Jeff East

Mark Pillow

Full list of photo ops

Autographs


After Galaxy Con was over me and one other combo hunter wanted to go for Jack O'Halloran and Sarah Douglas. He had a stack of things signed by Terence Stamp so he needed the completes and didn't want to pay. I on the other hand had one photo to complete so I just tagged along. We start with Jack who was actually nice and friendly and even said "you owe me a fortune" but didn't take money from us. 

While waiting for Sarah I spot John Rhys-Davies waiting for his flight. He is nice and I get an updated op plus an auto. Finally it's time for Sarah. She doesn't want to do anything more than the op. But she is offered money and does autos (at a discounted rate compared to the con).

Later that day, I try a spot for Bruce Springsteen. Wait it out and the witching hour is upon us. Bruce arrives and we are about 10 people. We plead and he agrees to sign one per. I manage to get a full combo (marking my second photo op with Bruce, this time no shades). 

Bruce Springsteen

Full list of photo ops

Superman autos

John Rhys-Davies auto

Bruce Springsteen signed album

No comments:

Post a Comment