Monday, July 25, 2016

A day of movie actors and then some

This day starts bright and early. Got a tip about an early morning spot for actor Logan Lerman AKA Percy Jackson. Me and another arrive at the spot. And here you appreciate spots that are not in NYC. A Logan Lerman spot in NYC of similar caliber would have at least 10 people if not more. How many were we here in total? Just two. Yes, TWO! Wow so beautiful I almost released tears of joy. 

About 45 minutes later he is spotted and he happily agrees to a photo op. He had an entourage but they did nothing to intervene. After the other guy gets his autograph I ask for an autograph but he refuses a second item in a friendly way. I then thanked him and said I was a fan and he thanked me. 

He seems like an overall friendly guy but he seems like the type that dislikes crowd.

Logan Lerman


Now I knew that both Chris Pine and Simon Pegg were coming to town, but I wasn't sure for what exactly. So I went to sleep. Later in the day a Master tips me on what they're doing. I then head down there. The Master was supposed to join me but he was delayed due to one of his minions not bringing him a vehicle on time. So he would not join me in time for entries.

Now this spot has like 4-5 ways to enter and exit. I arrive at the door I think will be used. I inform the Master and he tells me which exit to stand at. I quickly go there and not 2 minutes later vehicles pull up and lo and behind I see Pegg and Pine. Since I got Pegg in NYC before I ask Pine. He denies me one on one. I beg and plead some more and he denies again. He asks my name and shakes my hand. Even though he was wearing shades it was still a very painful blow off cause I don't have that photo op and he shook my hand but didn't pose. That's like your baby being born for 5 seconds and subsequently dying. Worse than an outright miscarriage. AND I had him one on one to boot which added to the pain.

Not long after the Master joins me. We both decide to wait a few hours for exits. Also it turned out Karl Urban was in the crowd that I saw. But since I wasn't looking for him I didn't recognize him. Didn't matter to me cause I got a perfect shot with him at NYCC. 

Finally exits happen. We see them. Again, you appreciate spots not in NYC. Just TWO people. By now that event had been tweeted and STILL no one else but the two of us. We try to beg Pine. He gives the same handshake routine but then the Master breaks him down and gets him to POSE! I couldn't believe it. After I took the photo op I begged saying I waited and I GOT THE SHOT! My reaction was this face 

After that we tried for Pegg. Again he tried the Pine routine for a handshake but was broken down again, albeit more easily than Pine. I get an upgrade since he has facial hair and spectacles in my shot. But since my camera was acting up I almost didn't get it so I panicked as the handler was rushing things but got a shot. Finally Karl Urban who was the easiest to get a photo op with, but I didn't bother cause he had a beard and that would have been a downgrade. I didn't know it at the time but Pine's one on one blow off was a blessing in hindsight because I got no shades shots here.

Chris Pine

Simon Pegg

Since it was late I decided to do something I was not initially planning to do. That was a Beach Boys concert 8 minutes away. I figured I put in this much time and it's right there, let me put in extra time. Arrive at the spot wait a little over an hour for the concert to end. While that is happening a show lets out and I see people doing combos. I get photo ops with all of them. I don't believe they are valid and still have not figured out their names yet, but ever since I passed on an unknown Kate Upton who was happily doing photo ops I never pass on anyone I see do a combo. Now Kate Upton is an impossible photo op to get, even denying photo ops to children. 

Barely valids

Rain starts POUNDING like I've never seen it pound before but luckily we can wait indoors. Finally Bruce Johnston exits and I ask for an auto. He goes "how many thousands of albums do you have" to which I reply just two. I guess he has been pounded by Masters in different cities for this tour. 

He does one (which I got Mike Love to sign before) but refuses a second. He also refused a photo op. Not a big deal as I have it already. 

Wait some more and Mike Love exits. Sadly I have nothing for him but get an upgrade shot.

Mike Love 


And the Autographs obtained


No comments:

Post a Comment