Wednesday, July 20, 2016

CSA sports show Chantilly

Surprisingly, I have only attended this show once before. In 2008 I mooched my way in and subsequently mooched a Pete Rose table op. Since then I have never been to it. Either the guest list never trickled my fancy, or the prices for those I was interested in were way too astronomical for me, or I was combo hunting elsewhere when the show took place, or a combination of the above three reasons. 

Finally, the timing was decent for me and they had Kevin Greene, someone I thoroughly enjoyed in WCW. Though his price was a tad high for me and I could find no one to split. 

I was almost not going, but due to some news of what was going on from in terms of table ops I decided to rush there. I arrive and immediately mooch admission. A good start. CM had an auto ticket from football and movie name Brian Bosworth. Sadly, both Bosworth and Greene were no longer at their table, and Greene may have left the building. 

Since CM had an auto ticket they took us in the back area to get his auto, then both me and CM scored photo ops! So I at least got one name. But we got some bad news when we were told that Kevin Greene is gone. 

Not accepting defeat on that front I asked someone else and he thought Greene was around. So I paid him the photo op price and got a ticket. He told us to wait. The guy searched for Greene but could not find him. Upon further research turns out Greene went to lunch and will be back to sign merch. We were told to check back. 30 minutes later we did just that, again taken backstage. One other guy then said we couldn't wait here then kicked us out. Minutes later he called us back in and me and CM both split a Kevin Greene photo op! Victory 

After this I promptly left the show. Coming here after they were done was in hindsight a fantastic decision. And here's why. 

Essentially for the price of what a Kevin Greene pro op would have cost WITHOUT digital copy, I got both Kevin Greene and Brian Bosworth photo ops on my own camera (since CM paid for Bosworth and I paid the Kevin Greene pro op price) AND I got admission (since that was mooched). So that's pretty much win/win/win on all fronts!

Brian Bosworth


Kevin Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment