Sunday, July 17, 2016

Hollywood Vampires m&g in Atlantic City

Fresh off Weezer, me and head off to Atlantic City. We had the m&g which was a guaranteed Johnny Depp photo op but we thought we'd try for stuff that doesn't the m&g, namely Depp extras plus other band members not in the m&g. I wanted a photo op with Robert DeLeo and an autograph from Matt Sorum. Drive around and we see Radioman plus one dealer waiting. Since Radioman was there I decided this was worth staking out. After all Radioman and Johnny Depp are known to be buddies. 

Where we were waiting was clearly on public property. Two guards then approached me and tried to tell me that this parking was for "higher ups employees" and that I should move my car. But it was clearly a rubbish statement as there were no employee parking signs and even if it had been employee parking it was on dirt and grass so zero chance it would be for so called higher ups. So I just ignored that request and those same guards stayed across the street. 

Time passed and more people began waiting. We would also be joined by Vanessa the Jersey Shore Stalker. 

More people began waiting including a NYC Master and at this point more guards came and told people they needed to leave. They also said if we had tickets to the show and we refused to leave we couldn't attend the show. Though I think there was zero chance this could have been enforced, we sadly decided not to take the risk and comply. Vanessa, Radioman, and everyone else decided to defy and stay but it turned out to be fruitless anyway. And as it turned out Vanessa came in the show no problem. So this "we will ban you" was total BS just as I predicted. 

What is rather interesting and surprising from this whole wasted ordeal, we got to see Radioman, for lack of a better word, humanized so to speak. Wow Radioman waited for Depp for hours just like we did. And just like us he failed. This truly shocked me because I was under the impression that Radioman had Depp on speed dial. 

Finally line up for the m&g, and it's my turn. I shake hands with Alice and Perry, then shake hands with Depp. I get 6 photo ops (First 2 had a sleepy Depp. Valid but would have been upsetting if that was all I had). As we left we got our pre signed photos. 

Now I originally wanted to go to a spot to try for Kenny Loggins and go home but Joresky wanted to see the concert. By the time we finished the m&g it would have been a 50/50 chance we would have caught Loggins at the spot. So I stupidly stayed. We did get front row spots at the concert and while the novelty of seeing Depp up close was cool, that novelty wore off after 10 minutes. To boot, after the concert was done we failed to see any of the other band members. And to make matters even worse I had to pull over and sleep. A total of 12 hours of my life wasted because I stayed for the concert. Would have been home by 10pm if we left after the m&g, instead I was home by 10am. This was a fatal mistake on my part that I have sworn never to repeat again for as long as I am alive. Perhaps if I got some Robert  or Matt I wouldn't feel that way, but no combos? Complete and utter waste of time taken out of my life that I will never see again. To further make matters worse, I had a ringing in my ear that did not go away till 2-3 days later. 

Hollywood Vampires group shot

Johnny Depp

Alice Cooper 

Autograph

Johnny Depp playing the guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment