Sunday, July 17, 2016

Some scattered meets in early July

Not long after my Hollywood Vampires m&g I decided to try for Kenny Loggins and some others. I arrive and wait and I'm informed that most celebs are gone. I brush this statement off and continue to wait. Then I see a van arrive with a sign saying Kenny Loggins. I'm excited. People come out but no Loggins. I am crushed. Then a woman tells me that celebs are gone. Since it's unlikely that two people are lying plus the fact that Loggins didn't come out of his own van added to the fact that it was late, I gave up in failure. Technically speaking the spot wasn't a complete waste as I did get photo ops with country star Cassadee Pope and singer Jackie Evancho. Both nice as can be. Here's hoping they make it big. Jackie is only 16 and already has a pretty impressive wiki bio.  

Cassadee Pope

Jackie Evancho


Next up I try for someone I failed on in the past, Jose Feliciano. He is old and blind so I was grateful to have another chance. I arrive at the spot and quietly keep my head down as I mooch my way into the spot. I caught the tail end of the concert and it finally ended. Jose then went in the backstage area. Me and a Master then mooched into the backstage area and got multi combos with Jose! Success! We then lined up with all other fans and got more autos. 

It is incredible how in this age where so many celebrities are stuck up drama queens, here is Jose Feliciano who is over 70 years old and blind. Yet he takes care of all his fans, has conversations with them, signs what they have, and takes photo ops with them. 

To boot, unlike Stevie Wonder he actually signs on his own. Granted you can't read what it says but it's his writing and it's consistent. So unlike Stevie Wonder valid autograph! 

Photo op

Autographs


Next up was Shailene Woodley. Got a photo op with her many moons ago when noone knew who she was. Nice as can be couldn't believe someone wanted a picture with her. Sadly fame has changed her. I failed on her since then. But I don't like my shot very much so I wanted an upgrade plus autographs. I had her incoming so I chose that instead of the event. I figure two chances are better than one. 

Arrive at the airport. This is where you really appreciate spots outside of NYC. In NYC she would have had 10-20 people waiting for her. But here it was just me, one other guy, plus a pap. Wow so beautiful. She arrives and to my astonishment she has no shades. But when she is asked for a photo op she refuses despite intense begging and pleading. She said to catch her at a Bernie Sanders rally she only does photo ops there. She even covered her face when I pap tried to film her. So my heart was crushed as I didn't bother asking for a photo op. I did ask for an autograph which she did. Then I begged for a second and she did that too. Horrible autograph but I guess it's her autograph. 

It was however the strangest thing I ever saw. There she was, looking plain, not wearing any shades, no handler, no greeter, no nothing. She was walking by herself, not even an SUV waiting. She even lined up with other people to wait for a cab! I guess she has a good level for fame. She blends in very well yet big enough to make tons of money.

I could have also tried the event the next day for the photo op, but I decided to quit white I was ahead. After all if she didn't do photo ops in such a calm setting I didn't predict she would do them in a more crowded setting where she would have handlers. 

Autographs

Shailene waiting for a cab


For reference, my old Shailene photo op



No comments:

Post a Comment