Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Heroes and Villains and Weezer meet and greet

It was the fourth of July weekend and I embarked with for a con and what would shockingly be my first ever concert meet and greet! I'm not that big a Weezer fan but I do like a couple of their songs. I figured since the m&g was acceptably priced and it was right after Heroes and Villains I thought why not. 

Sadly after buying it I would find out that many of the Weezer photo ops were either invalid, blurry, or both! WTF? You're paying money AND it's not a guarantee? OUTRAGE! To boot, in some cities you didn't even stand next to the lead singer. I tried to sell my m&g but was not successful. So I had to chance it, which again is heart crushing when talking about paid meets. 

First stop is Heroes and Villians I arrive but forgot my ticket print out at home. Joresky gets his wrist band by submitting the paper outside but they tell me because it's on the phone I gotta go in line. WTF? The line is really long and I had to make a Robbie Kay pro op. So I mooched to the front of the line, got up to the counter, I showed the ticket on my phone, and they gave me a wristband


So I'm inside and first order of business is to split a Robbie Kay photo op with . Shockingly Robbie Kay is pro only. Before doing that I managed to split a Colin Donnell photo op with Greg. Then we rush to the pro op area and barely make Robbie Kay. After that me, Woodmo, and Greg all go to Caity Lotz. I already got a shades shot and missed a free upgrade in NYC by seconds. I was about to take a selfie and she got pulled away. Thankfully me and Woodmo partially mooched this one. I actually prefer this shot than what I would have gotten when I missed her by seconds. Cause the NYC one she dressed nice to go out, here she looks more like Sarah Lance.

After that I wait at Echo Kellum's table. Finally he arrives and I get a photo op. Then go to Charlotte Ross. She was about to leave for lunch but I pleaded my case then split a photo op with Greg. Then to Neal McDonough who seemed appreciative. Got a photo op with him. 

I then waited at Sean Pertwee's table (the last guest I needed). He played Alfred in Gotham. Finally he comes back and is as friendly as can be. Takes a regular shot and fighting shot. This marks my second ever Alfred. 

It was good seeing everybody at Heroes and Villains. And it was a refreshingly affordable con as most everything I got were reasonably priced table ops. 







Then it was of to the PNC Bank Arts Center for the Weezer m&g. When we were being debriefed by the tour manager one woman asked if we have to pay for the photo op. Really? How can people be that stupid. You already paid for the shot! 

The witching hour arrives and most of my fears are put to rest. 

You got to stand next to the singer - CHECK

Brian Bell, who blocked the singer's face in some photo ops, was no where near him this time - CHECK

Non-original member Scott Shriner was at the far end where he can be cropped - CHECK

This left two concerns, quality and validity. The former worried me because they did not use flash (although it was a nice camera). The latter worried me cause many photo ops were invalid. But me and Joresky were near the front so hopefully that meant a better chance at a valid shot. 

As it turned out my shot came out valid with everyone looking at the camera. But sadly quality was not ideal. It wasn't overly bad, but for a paid meet it should have been MUCH better. Sadly I don't think I could print a nice looking 11x14 of the whole band and I don't think I could print a nice looking 8x10 with just the lead singer. This is an outrage for a paid meet. But I suppose given all the things that could have gone wrong (validity, your position in the shot, the position of Scott Shriner) this isn't too bad at all. 

After this I was thirsty so I drank some water from the bathroom then sucked on some ice that I picked up from the coolers that were being used to keep drinks cold (NO WAY I was going to pay $6 for bottled water). Then I had to be completely miserable as I sat through the whole concert. Panic I am not a fan of at all, and Weezer might have been somewhat entertaining if the lawn seats we had weren't absolutely horrible. 

Here is how bad our view was. To me that ruins the experience of any show, no matter how good it may be. 

Weezer photo op, completely valid

This can be displayed in 3 forms, which is exactly what I wanted. The current line up, the three original members, and only the lead singer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment