Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Robocop Vs Nash, Scares that Care convention

This day again starts at the crack of dawn, even earlier than Logan Lerman. A Master tipped me on a flight for Joel Kinnaman. Not too many things can get me up this early, but a decent movie name I don't have a photo op with is one thing that can. This guy was in the 2014 Robocop, Suicide Squad, and more. Of course that meant I had to get autographs for said Master. But since I wouldn't have had this opportunity otherwise I had no issue with that. 

So I get up at the crack of dawn and meet up with adelta. Again no NYC means no crowd to crush chances of success. We wait for about 45 minutes and there he is, no shades! Shockingly he is nice as can be. Not only is it uncommon for movie actors to be THAT friendly, but he was that nice at almost 6AM! Did photo ops, signed everything, it felt so alien especially when I was fresh off people like Chris Pine. I do wonder how long he will remain that nice. I'm guessing after Suicide Squad he will sour up and after a couple of years he will be hard. 

After this we mooched a celebratory breakfast. 




Later in the day me and someone else decide to go for Graham Nash. Photo op wise I have failed on him twice before. The first time I tried for him after a show he went in the bus and they took in items to get signed. I got two autographs. The second time was NYC there was a crowd behind a railing. I scream for a photo op he stands and says "take it" and when I said I wanted him in it he goes "too many people I gotta leave" (or something of that nature). Then I ran after his car and he did a roll down where he signed a few but I got nothing. 

This time I decided to try another strategy. Try him BEFORE the show. We both wait and see his SUV pull up. It's just the two of us. I ask him for a photo op and he poses. He has shades but I'll take it. He signed one per and firmly put the sharpie down. I then decided not to waste time trying for him after and to be happy with my combo. 

Sad thing is, between Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young he is the only nice one. Crosby is known to be a total dick, and for Stills and Young you have to pull teeth for them to do anything and when I tried for them neither one did photo ops. Stills even signed multiples but wanted nothing to do with the photo op and Young said if I don't put away the camera he would do nothing for no one.




Wow couldn't believe the streak of successes I've actually had lately. As another combo hunter pointed out I'm usually complaining about failure. I must say success sure does feel damn good for a change!


Another day I decided to go the Scares that Care convention. I needed four people and mainly Elpidia Carrillo from the first Predator movie starring Arnold. I arrive at the show and the hotel staff were dressed in horror related costume and make up. I don't believe I've ever seen that in any horror con before. 

Doors open and I go in. My first stop is Elpidia Carrillo who is sitting by herself and she chats with me. Soon after her handler sits by her. Honestly in all the time I was in the room I don't think I saw anyone else go to her table. She had lines only difference is Virgil is by himself but she had a handler to chat with. Some people had a constant line of 2-5 people at a time, some had the occasional people go up, but NO ONE to Elpidia. Damn I wish AJLe or Asian Dave gave me their items to get signed so I could have given her more business. Anyhow, back to my encounter with her, she said it was her first con and she thinks it's fun. Told her she was the main reason I came to this and she seemed flattered. I got a photo op with her. It truly is amazing that I saw people at Boogeyman's table but it was crickets chirping for her. If she did Monstermania she'd be a headliner, and if she did Chiller she'd be just below the Meat Loafs and Abe Vigodas of the world. 

I then stand in line for Bob Gunton and I get a photo op. Then to Rochelle Davis from The Crow who is only $5 for a photo op! Wow how wonderfully refreshing. Then Danny Lloyd from The Shining. This ended my wants. I then saw Boogeyman was only $10 a photo op and in the shot I got he has all black face paint. Here it's red and black which honestly is more his look than just completely black face paint. I figured if I'm ever getting that upgrade now is the time. He asks me if I watch wrestling I said yes. He asks who he is I go in Boogeyman voice "you're the Boogeyman....coming to get me!" which he marked out for. He gives me an awesome shot and I asked for a regular shot as well. Hate the regular one though cause he ruined it by putting his finger so close to the lens (which is sadly his way). Oh well I still got a cool shot for $10 so no complaints. 

I then browsed the vendors area a little then promptly headed out. I even saw former WCW wrestler The Maestro in horror getup. 

Elpidia Carrillo

The Boogeyman 

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment