Monday, December 18, 2023

I got SHOT THROUGH THE HEART in NJ and NYC in October

In early October I decided to try a spot for Bon Jovi. It was a big risk because I had no idea if Bon Jovi would even show up to the spot. But if he did show up, he has stopped for people waiting in the past. To add to all this risk, the weather called for rain. But I also had other stuff I could do including a Bob Odenkirk book signing. So after much thought I decided to take the risk. This plan meant I had to skip Stellar con in Maryland. 

Wait at the Jon Bon Jovi spot and I'm joined by markedout member Greg2600 and other NYC combo hunters. We wait and eventually he does show up and takes care of everyone on the railing. It was quite a surreal sight to see Bon Jovi, who is normally a dick, do multi combos for all waiting. It may be the most I've seen any big name ever do for free.

After this I head to Yonkers, NY for a bottle signing with Glenn Howerton and Charlie Day. Some signings included Rob McElhenney too, but Charlie Day (Horrible Bosses 1&2, Monsters University, Luigi in The Super Mario Bros movies, and more) was the only one I needed as I had the other two. Markedout board members Greg2600 and Lanza would join here. Go to the bottle signing, go through the line, stand next to Charlie, get the photo op! Success! 

I then head to NYC to a spot with actress/director Rebecca Miller and actress Marisa Tomei (the latter whom I have). My hope was that Rebecca's husband Daneil Day Lewis would show up. But sadly no luck on that front. Marisa came in and blanked and Rebecca came in and I got the fresh op. I should have been at this spot the prior evening as Anne Hathaway did combos and I need her on items (plus the op would have been a nice upgrade).

Next up, I hit up the "easy" show spots in NYC. First spot I wanted actress Marylouise Burke (Sideways, Meet Joe Black). The spot lets out, I get Christina Kirk and others and finally Marylouise Burke as she exits. She is nice as can be. 

Next spot has lots of names. I needed actor Denis O'Hare and others. I went inside not knowing at the time they actually set up a railing at that spot. There I spotted and got actress and singer Tracie Bennett. After this I saw they had it setup and sadly missed two names I wanted that already went through. Denis O'Hare who I never met and Bobby Cannavale who I met but had items for. But I got Micaela Diamond, David Hyde Pierce (repeat), Amber Gray, Rachel Bay Jones, director Joe Mantello, Patti LuPone, and Jeremy Shamos. I would have to come back in the future to get what I missed.

Jon Bon Jovi

Charlie Day

Full list of photo ops


Next day I attend the Bob Odenkirk signing with his daughter at Bookends in NJ. Never met Bob. This was quick and easy. Sadly he did extras and I stupidly had none. Maryland combo hunter Joe C kinda photobombed my Bob shot, so I got another. 

Bob Odenkirk take 1

Erin Odenkirk

Bob Odenkirk take 2

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment