Saturday, December 23, 2023

Post Chiller meets in NYC, including miracle info

With chiller done, it was off to NYC. I hit up the "easy" show spot. My goal is actor Sean McGinley who was in Braveheart. And he was super nice. I also get other actors before and after him. None I'm too familiar with. Namely, Raffi Barsoumian, Mary Wiseman, Oona Roche, Owen Campbell, John Keating, Erin Wilhelmi. Most of those are young and have been in stuff so the potential is there. In the case of Raffi he has his eye closed in the shot I asked for another take and he claimed it's his thing to close his eye when flashed. So my second shot is basically the same as the first. After this was done I tried for Melissa Ethridge again since there was nothing else I could do at that point but she doesn't come out. 

Now there was one final spot for the evening, but I didn't have the information. All my usual contacts in NYC were out of commission. I didn't know what to do at that point. Do I go to try and bust my ass off to get the info myself (and possibly fail), or do I call it a night, park my car, and sleep. Figuring I'm too old for this, I lean towards calling it a night. Before the final decision, I decide to go to Taco Bell to get some food. 

While in Taco Bell I run into a Master and his minion who just came from a successful Daniel Radcliffe rack fest (I guess I should have been there instead). I shoot the breeze with them and they tell me about a lady photog who is on her way to Taco Bell to eat. This was a miracle from the combo Gods, because this lady always has the info for that spot. So she arrives and I plead to her to share the info for the next spot. She goes "are you driving?" and I go "absolutely". The combo Gods sure looked out for me here! I walked into the right Taco Bell to get some food and I got the info I was looking for. This could not have been planned! After we all ate, it was off to the next spot. 

It is off to a good start as I get a photo op with HER. I know of her and saw her in a movie though I'm not too familiar with her work. She was very nice. Foo Fighters are out and about. Grohl does nothing. But I manage to score Chris Shiflett who I failed on in the past! This completes my Foo Fighters photo op wise. I actually neglected to bring my album which needed just him however he likely wouldn't have signed it anyway as he doesn't normally sign. I saw other Foo Fighters but had no real need to bother them but I got another op with (Nate Mendel.

Besides HER and Foo Fighters, at this spot I get Jeff Ross (update), Mikey Day (update), Punkie Johnson (update), Michael Che (update), Chloe Fineman (update), Michael Longfellow (fresh), John Mulaney (update), James Austin Johnson (fresh), Keegan-Michael Key (update), Andrew Dismukes (fresh), Padma Lakshmi (update), Marcello Hernandez (update), John Radzinski (fresh), and Sarah Sherman (fresh). 

While all this was going on Chris Rock came out. He was being nicer than usual. Since I didn't need an op I got an autograph but he was doing ops. HER also came out and I got an autograph from her. 

I'd say overall a solid haul to end the evening.

Sean McGinley

HER

Full list of photo ops part 1

Full list of photo ops part 2

Autographs


Next day would sadly be pretty lackluster. I try for Dominique Thorne and Lucy Devito but never see them. Go try Dianne Wiest exiting but she is nowhere in sight, probably snuck out. 

Since there is nothing else to do, I figured I'd go improve my photo with Eric McCormack. While it lets out turns out Jason Alexander is there. Great name but I have him. I get an update. While waiting for Eric I also get an update with Laura Bell Bundy plus other names. This ended my time in NYC.

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment