Thursday, December 21, 2023

Scattered meets throughout October: Kevin Feige, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Paul Reiser, and more

Kick off October similar to how I ended September. With Martin Sheen. The reason I wanted to go was for actress Melissa Fitzgerald. I already have her and wasn't planning to hit up that spot. But in my op with Melissa she is squinting and I saw someone get a shot where she's not squinting. So I thought I could upgrade that and in the process get another autograph from Martin.

Wait for the spot to let out, Melissa is nice as can be. Sadly she is squinting again in my shot. SMH. I got another combo with Martin Sheen. 

Melissa Fitzgerald

Martin Sheen

Autograph


Next up to Books and Greeting in Jersey for Geri Halliwell. I got the book signed, a vinyl signed, and of course the photo op. This marks my second ever Spice Girl. Sadly this means I now started a project. ughhhhh! 

Geri Halliwell

Autographs


Then to a venue for singer Leigh Nash. She is the lead singer of Sixpence None the Richer who sang late 90s hits such as Kiss Me and There She Goes. She was nice and sweet as can be. 

Leigh Nash


Then another venue for an actor that has eluded me for years. I've either missed him or he denied me. Paul Reiser who was in Aliens and My Two Dads (in fact the only one of the main 3 of that show that I am still missing). Waited and came out barely did a combo per person. Success!

Paul Reiser

Autograph


On a day towards the end of October, I would hit up CSA show. There were 3 celebs there I could get. Kyle Davis (F13th 2009), Daniel Zacapa (The Sandlot), and Alexis Knapp (Pitch Perfect). Got them all no issue. I tried to mooch ops with sports names Bernard King and Allen Iverson (since they have been in movies) but to no avail. Though I would later find out Iverson did free ops outside after his appearance.

Go to the next spot where I'm waiting for Kevin Feige, producer of the MCU. While waiting we are told that Dave Filoni of Star Wars fame is supposed to show. This excited us big time! First up got composer Michael Giacchino (update), then finally Kevin shows up as is nice as can be. I get him on items already signed by the Russo Brothers. Then get director Michael Mayer. We wait for Dave and never see him so we assume he's not coming.

I go to the next spot for singer Martha Reeves (Martha and the Vandellas). She comes out and is nice even removing her hoodie for the photo op. 

Sadly I would later find out that Dave Filoni did indeed show up. PUNCH! He must have come through a different entrance. 

Alexis Knapp

Kevin Feige

Martha Reeves

Full list of photo ops

Kevin Feige autographs part 1

Kevin Feige autographs part 2


A few days later I go to another spot where you basically stand and see who shows up as you never find out who is there till the event has almost started. B52s were known in advance but never saw them (I still need Fred from that band). It is off to a good start as I get producer and former Disney chairman Jeffrey Katzenberg. Some great Neo Classics were done under his belt either as producer or chairman. Movies as The Black Cauldron, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Lion King, Shrek, Shrek 2, to name some. 

Unfortunately it was downhill from here. I got John Stankey (CEO of AT&T, who cares), actor John Leguizamo (already have a few ops), singer The Kid LAROI (never heard of him before I got the op), singer Vance Joy (never heard of him before I got the op), and John Kerry (have him and don't even care to begin with).

Jeffrey Katzenberg

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment