Friday, December 1, 2023

Some scattered meets throughout September

Kick off September with Ben Gibbard, lead singer of Death Cab for Cutie. Unfortunately he is a complete dick. Had a mask, wouldn't remove it, and wouldn't even sign 8x10s I had only would sign albums. 

Distraught with this, I go to a theater for Tommy Wiseau from The Room. Not really someone I am a fan of, but so many love to meet him and I'm in town after the Ben Gibbard failure so I thought might as well.

He did nothing going in then at the merch table had a glass pane! WTF? TWICE covid reared its head in one day in September 2023?? HOW! BUT manage to convince him to come around. 

Ben Gibbard

Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau


Next up, a day for some music meets. First up, wait for Billy Idol. I have him but always good to get more autos from him. While waiting I see Steve Stevens and I get an update/upgrade with him. Billy Idol came and signs. Thankfully I have a perfect shot so could focus on autographs. 

Then to a venue where I try for Scott Stapp of the band Creed. After the venue lets out I get some barely valids and finally Scott Stapp who was nice.

Full list of photo ops

Autographs


Then I go to a flight for actor Patton Oswalt. See him wearing a mask. Ask him to remove it for the photo which he does. Signs only one per. Then I head to a comedy venue for Gary Owen. Go inside and he is doing a meet and greet. Also grab the opener (whoever he is).

Patton Oswalt

Gary Owen

scrub

Autograph


Next up a flight for Meagan Good and Jonathan Majors. They were both super nice, I shot the breeze with them about the previous times I met them. I reminded Meagan about the Autistic French Canadian at NYCC that planted a kiss on her. She said she "vaguely" remembers that. 

On to an event for Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who are famous for holding a gun on blm rioters. Got up to them and they even had 5x7 photos that they give out to get signed. I told them that I had my own 8x10s. They told me how they get TTM requests from all over the world even Russia and China.

Then to a venue for 3 Soprano actors. Vincent Pastore, Michael Imperioli, and Steve Schirripa. Met Vincent need the rest. The venue is huge and has like 7 or 8 entry points. Could never figure out how they entered or if they entered before or after I got there.

Wait for exits, it was hell because it was raining. People exited. See Vincent exit from the same door as the audience and get a photo. Time passes and it's looking hopeless as the staff says they are gone. Not long after the other two come out a door the same side as the audience door and I manage to grab photos! It was a tough one especially since everyone got in regular cars.

Mark McCloskey and Patricia McCloskey

Full list of photo ops

Autographs part 1

Autographs part 2


Another flight, this time for Vonda Shepard, who song the Ally McBeal theme song. She had a mask on. I tried asking for a photo she denied. I explained that I wanted a selfie not a pap shot. She took the mask off and did a photo.

Vonda Shepard


And lastly, went for a Martin Sheen flight. This was to get an autograph since I have the photo. This flight was a rare occurrence as I would be joined by markedout member Greg2600 and former board member heelorton. While waiting we randomly see Herbie Hancock flying in. So we get ops. Finally, Martin shows up. He does photos and autos. I get an autograph.

After this I go to an evening show to try for actress and singer Katelyn Tarver. She does a meet and greet after the show. While waiting I see singer Jack Gray who. Not familiar with him but I get an op. Then get Katelyn who was nice as can be.

Herbie Hancock

Jack Gray

Katelyn Tarver

Katelyn Tarver

Autograph

No comments:

Post a Comment