Saturday, December 30, 2023

Rhode Island Comic Con 2023 report

Initially I wasn't going to go to RICC. There were several mid-level names I wanted. But nothing too great. Then they added Carrie Anne Moss. That tipped the scale for me.

Arrive in providence and start getting ops before going to the con the next day. I get some of the X-Men voice cast and more!

I get Cal Dodd (Wolverine, fresh), Harry Lennix (Man of Steel, update sadly as I have him), David Henrie (Mall Cop 2, fresh), George Buza (Beast, fresh), Lenore Zann (Rogue, fresh), and animator Larry Houston (fresh). Wanted to get a better op with TC Carson but sadly it came out blurry. No big deal. Saw plenty of other actors walking around such as Shannon Doherty, Seth Green, Robert Smigel, and many others. But had no need to get more ops with them.

While walking outside we run into Logic. He does ops! Don't know his work but I do know the name. This ended the evening.

Logic

Full list of day 1 photo ops


After I commandeer my free parking spot, I walk to RICC. I start with comic book names. First I get Jim Salicrup who did work for Marvel. Then Jim Lawson who worked for the TMNT comics and also created the Rat King. 

Then I get actor Jordan Elsass, the only actor there from Superman and Lois appearing that I didn't have. Then I got actress Katy O'Brian (Ant Man, The Mandalorian). 

I split the pro op with Carrie Anne Moss. Unfortunately I should have gone Sunday because she did table ops and her hair was down. Big botch!

I go for Star Wars prequal names Nalini Krishan and Mary Oyaya who played the Jedi Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli. I was on the fence for them but since the price was so good and I have so many from the prequals I got a dual shot.

Then I got Rodger Bumpass of Sponge Bob fame. He was also in the Arnold movie The Running Man. Then it was off to more X-Men voice actors! I got Chris Potter (Gabmit), Alyson Court (Jubilee, Lydia in Beetlejuice cartoon, Clair in Resident Evil), Alison Sealy-Smith (Storm), Ron Rubin (Morph), Adrian Hough (Nightcrawler).

With the bulk of my meets behind me, I then get Dorothy Lyman (Mama's Family) and Lauren Tom (Futurama, King of the Hill). Then get another X-Men voice actor Chris Britton (Mister Sinister). 

Then go to Paige Turco AKA April O'Neil in the Secret of the Ooze. Unfortunately, I upset her when I was trying to direct a photo op that was splitable. It lead to an unpleasant scenario but I do it all the time with other celebs. As a paying customer you should have a say. Don't know why she got so upset with me. But I did get the op. Last op I got was with actress Kimiko Glenn. 

I went back to Jim Lawson to get an autograph (which was free). He normally sketches a turtle with his autograph but I asked him to sketch the Rat King. I wanted to get an op with Marvel artist Joe St Pierre but he wouldn't remove the mask making the op worthless.

Carrie Anne Moss

Lauren Tom

Full list of day 2 photo ops part 1

Full list of day 2 photo ops part 2

Jim Lawson Autograph

No comments:

Post a Comment