Monday, January 1, 2024

post RICC 2023 meets in NYC

The post RICC NYC endeavor was sadly less than stellar. But I didn't leave empty handed. After Providence I hit up Melissa Etheridge for the last time to improve my op. At that point he had stopped doing autographs so I guess it's good I got the auto when I did. She came out and did ops. I had to ask for a second op due to a dirty no good photobomber. 

At this point it was slim pickings as far as what could be done. I decided I would go for an adult update with Gaten Matarazzo since he was a child in my photo op. While there I got actresses Maria Bilbao and Annaleigh Ashford. Not too familiar with them but always good to get what you can just in case.

This ended the night. The next day I would try a couple of "easy" shows going in but had no luck. Then went to a spot for the signer Pink. This is where I would get the most heart crushing news ever. Kristen Bell left 20 minutes earlier and did combos! PUNCH!

While waiting for Pink I got signer Maxwell. When it came time for Pink crowd was insane and she signed and did a few ops. I wasn't able to get one but she was wearing hat and shades anyway so I would have resented that op even if I were "successful".

After this bust went to the airport for actress and director Sofia Coppola. She was also with her husband Thomas Mars, the lead singer of Phoenix. At first they weren't trying to stop but another combo hunter I brought with me managed to break them down. These would be my last meets in the NYC area for 2023.

Melissa Etheridge

Sofia Coppola

Full list of photo ops

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment