Monday, November 12, 2018

New York Comic Con Report part 1

Day 1 of NYCC is upon us. I start with a name I've missed in the past, director Robert Rodriguez. A good start. Went inside to get a child actor from the movie Mr Mom, Taliesin Jaffe and also the cast of the (horrid) She-Ra reboot. Back outside I upgraded my Donald Faison from the day before. Then I got word of a spot for Journey lead singer Steve Perry. So I rushed to the spot. Sadly it was crowded and he would do nothing leaving. All I got there was Katie Couric who I have already and don't really care about to begin with.

Back to the Javits where I had the choice to stay for an upgrade with John C McGinley (he has shades in my shot) or go to a spot for Riz Ahmed. I didn't think I would make the Riz spot in time. Sadly that was my fatal error. I did get the John upgrade but would have preferred a fresh Riz and could have made it.

After this it would be underwhelming. Just for the hell of it tried for the Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga spot but sadly it was such a mad house couldn't get much of anything. I have them but needed autos. Then tried some spots for randoms but only saw Jennifer Coolidge who I have.

Robert Rodriguez

John C McGinley

Full list of NYCC pics Day 1 part 1

Full list of NYCC pics Day 1 part 2


Day 2 was one of the better days. It starts early in the am for a Steve Perry spot. Here you actually see one of the major benefits of car sleep. Had I slept at a hotel or air bnb outside of midtown Manhattan, ZERO chance I could have made that spot. But because I was already in prime position, it was no issue. So I went to the bathroom, shaved and washed up real quick, picked up a foot long subway sandwich, then hopped on the actual subway, minutes later I was at the spot with only a handful of people waiting. We weren't sure if Perry was even in the building. But then it became apparent he was! So far so good....I'm now guaranteed to see him, and we're only a handful of us (something God sent in NYC especially for such a name). Finally he comes out and is saying sorry guys. But we run with him to his car and lo and behind he stops right by his car and begins signing. I beg and plead like I never have and he breaks down for a photo op! Other people got autographs and the photo ops they got were car shots! So I got one of the only non-car solo photo ops he did in the entire trip (in other spots he did group shots). A huge thank you to for not only the tip but coaching me and encouraging me to drag myself to the spot so early. It was worth every bit of pain and agony.


With that victory, it was back to NYCC events at literally the next block where I wanted to try for the legendary Peter Jackson. Was hoping to replicate my Steve Perry miracle but sadly that was not to be as the crowd was so insane he only signed a little going in and escaped out the side door leaving. I did get a combo from Andy Serkis (who I got before) and an update from the Kingpin himself Vincent D'Onofrio. Rushed to Javits where Peter Jackson garaged it. I also tried for him inside to no avail. Sadly in all this I missed some great names at the Javits, namely Tye Sheridan and Sophie Turner (though I would make up the latter the next day). While inside I did get Graham Nolan, co creator of Bane.

Back outside and I got tons of names, the most of any day. Got actors from The Runaways, Titians, among others. Though I had misses. Most notable get for me is Thomas Kretschmann which marks my first ever actor from the movie "The Downfall". Also got a huge upgrade in actress Ellen Page as she has hat and shades in my shot.

Left another spot in the hopes of getting Dakota Johnson, but the spot had a garage and if she was there she didn't come over. Between entries and exits only Drew Goddard came over and he remembered me from the Javits a little bit ago. So that spot was a bust.

On to the "easy" spots for Paddy Considine and Genevieve O'Reilly (young Mon Mothma). Then joined Vanessa and friend at a NYCC hotel. Saw some people including WWE folks but I had them. For the fun I got a dual shot with Jason David Frank and his daughter. With that I called it a night.

Steve Perry

Thomas Kretschmann

Ellen Page

Genevieve O'Reilly

Full list of NYCC pics Day 2 part 1

Full list of NYCC pics Day 2 part 2

Full list of NYCC pics Day 2 part 3

Full list of NYCC pics Day 2 part 4








No comments:

Post a Comment