Friday, November 9, 2018

Pre NYCC cons in Maryland

Prior to the week that I dread, ie NYCC week, I would go to two conventions in Maryland as a warm up to the dreaded week. First up, I go to Monstermania Hunt Valley Friday night. I wanted to see if I could mooch anything but sadly I hit horrible traffic (the worst in as long as I can remember) and arrived too late. I only got Bonnie Aarons. Woke up the next morning and would be joined by 

Luckilly I didn't spent too much money as people had photo op only prices and I would also team up with people that had multiple items in order to get a free photo op. Also did some split/switcharoo with Greg. Also two of my top wants (Sheryl Lee and Nicholas Hamilton) sadly cancelled.

One highlight was Ray Wise from the first Robocop movie and Twin Peaks. Also it was cool that the creature from Jeepers Creepers was posing with a mask! Another cool thing was masked Kane. Met him multiple times but never with the mask. To show you what a genuinely nice guy Kane is, some guy paid to have a drawing he made signed by Kane (a drawing that looked like it was done by a child). But Kane being the awesome guy that he is, gave him a free signed 8x10. 

Ray Wise

Kane

Full list of Monstermania photo ops


Next up ride with Greg to Baltimore Comic Con. Luckilly I had most all the names there including pro op only names such as Mike Colter and Zachary Levi (both of which I got for free in NYC in the past). So I very happily sat those out. The two names I got at that con were Sherilyn Fenn (Twin Peaks) and Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica). Greg then dropped me back to Hunt Valley.

Sherilyn Fenn

Tricia Helfer

No comments:

Post a Comment