Monday, November 12, 2018

New York Comic Con Report part 2

Day 3 of NYCC would be a day marked by failures. Though I did get two solid scores. First I wanted to try for Miranda Richardson but sadly she blanked. I got a couple of voice actors. Next I wanted to get Sophie Turner. Waited at the spot and when she came out she took care of most. I scored and got a photo bomb but due to him being so instrumental in my Steve Perry success I could not curse him out. 

Then went inside the Javits to re attempt Miranda Richardson. First I tried in one event inside, bust. Then a signing. Unfortunately it was one of those lottery signings so I had to engage in highly creative tactics to score a spot. The signing featured Neil Gaiman, David Tennant, Douglas Mackinnon, Michael Sheen, Miranda Richardson, and Jon Hamm. To boot, it was no photos. But the only acting name I needed a photo op with was Miranda as I had the other actors. Sadly they saw through me and told me no photos when I was close to her. I even asked her and she declined. Operation failure. I did get some comic names while inside, namely Watchmen co creator Dave Gibbons and Jim Starlin who co created Thanos, Drax the Destroyer, and Gamora. I also did a panel.


Went back outside to another NYCC event for Star Trek names. Waited by one door they snuck out another door. I only managed to get one actress that I already had. Back to the Javits center where I wanted to get Benedict Wong leaving. One female combo hunter had a front spot. I asked if she needed him she said no. Then I asked if I could take her spot when he exited she said yes. So when the witching hour arrived I took the spot much to the anger of those to my left and right. But I explained that I got the spot owner's permission to take the spot for Benedict Wong. I asked and Wong was busting my balls taking a photo of me with my camera but eventually I got the selfie with him plus one of his co stars.

This ended NYCC for the day. I go for actor Christopher Guest (The Princess Bride) and wait. Would be joined by Greg and Lanza. He comes out with Jamie Lee Curtis. Greg gets the only good shot and I am sadly unable to score the Guest photo op. Begged and pleaded right to his vehicle. 

More to the "easy" spot to get Edie Falco and Glenn Fitzgerald (sixth sense). Neither come out to greet the crowd and I only get names I have. So this was a bust (spoiler alert, I would make that up in the future).

I could have gone for a spot which had Awkwafina (who I had) and some randoms. But I chose to call it a night and get some rest. Funny story, I went to subway to get a sandwich then as I was leaving there were two young cute looking girls walking by. They approached me and asked where I was going. I said "to my car". They asked if I had $50 in "allowance" and then told me where they lived (Bronx and Astoria). I politely declined their offer and wished them a good night. Though in hindsight I should have probably taken that offer as Sunday morning would be pretty horrid.

Sophie Turner

Benedict Wong

Full list of NYCC pics Day 3


The final day of NYCC was probably the most underwhelming. Outside the Javits was sub par. Jay Baruchel did a few. I managed to score a shot but sadly it's invalid. Inside I would get my only paid photo op of the entire week, Lois Lane suited Teri Hatcher. I would do the Tick panel where everyone was super friendly (making my efforts last year a waste). Got Peter Serafinowicz to sign my Darth Maul magazine. Went outside for a bit and that's all she said. 

Teri Hatcher

Full list of NYCC pics Day 4 part 1

Full list of NYCC pics Day 4 part 2


NYCC week Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment