Saturday, July 2, 2022

An array of meets in June

The day starts with DL Hughley at a comedy show. I got him at an airport in the past but he didn't take the mask off at the time. So I aimed to rectify that. He finally arrives and does ops. I manage to get an autograph too. This marks the first time I correct a mask photo op.

Later in the evening I went to another venue with the main goal of getting actor Omari Hardwick. I arrive there and maybe 5 minutes later I get that op. Then I get actor Terrence J. I see Rick Ross but was unable to get him as he wasn't trying to stop. Also get a few more names while there. 

Full list of photo ops

Autograph


On an evening decided to check a spot where combo hunters were waiting. I missed usher by like 5 minutes but I got him before. I get names I never heard of such as Anderson .Paak. And I get another photo op with TI.

Full list of photo ops


Next evening I have one aim. Justin Timberlake. I find out where he's staying so I wait there. I see Pharrell Williams. He does a couple of ops including one with a little boy but wasn't able to get an upgrade as he was not being friendly. It's ok I have a decent shot with him from NYC. I get another photo with TI this time no shades. 

Sadly we wait for Justin and never see him. Then find out one person waiting at the venue got him just walking out. Perfect shot. PUNCH.

To salvage the evening I figure I would try to go to another spot for an upgrade with Teyana Taylor. My shot with her she riding on the back of her husband who is a football player. I wanted her just by herself. While waiting I get one rapper and one basketball player neither one of which I heard of before. She finally comes out but sadly I get a shades shot and I'm making a face cause security was trying to stop me. It's a valid shot but I don't count it as an upgrade. This night is essentially a bust.

Full list of photo ops


After the bad taste of the hotel the night before, I figured I'd try the venue to see what can be had. After walking around by complete Luck and MIRACLE I manage to fish out the side where singer and actress Ashanti is coming out. I wasn't even looking for her specifically that's how lucky I got. That's a solid name for me since she was in a few movies. So I figure I'd station myself there. Her set finally ended and eventually she came out. She did car shots with everyone. Sadly she is wearing shades at night. Not the greatest shot but valid and it counts. I'll take it.

Ashanti


Next up, wait for the band Def Leppard. I met them before but want a better shot with the singer Joe Elliott. 

I get another shot with Phil Collen. See Rick Allen but don't really need him. We see Vivian Campbell as he walks his dog multiple times but he wasn't having it. That sucks cause I never got a photo op with him. Then we see both Rick Savage and Joe Elliott going for dinner. They say they will do it when they get back. 

They get back and I get upgrades with both of them. So that's good. 

While we waited for them someone spotted former politician Tom Daschle going out for a walk. Got a photo op with him too.

Full list of photo ops

Autographs


And last an event with both Stephen Spielberg and John Williams. I have them already but always good to get more autographs from them. I wasn't expecting it to happen and predicted they would garage them. And indeed that happened.

While waiting I get actor Richard Thomas but I already have him. Politician Jennifer Granholm is spotted and we get ops. Apparently Daisey Ridley was also in attendance she must have walked by us. But I got her before. 

Go to another spot for actor Sean Penn. See him about 20 minutes later but he is a dick as expected and doesn't stop for anyone. Waited some more and he came out for a smoke, but still wasn't having it. Disappointing but not surprising.

After this bust of an evening I go to a music venue to try and meet Bowling for Soup, best known for their song 1985. There were other bands there but I'd never heard of them. I ask around and find out that 3 members of Bowling for Soup are there. Two main members (Chris Burney and Jaret Reddick) and a barely valid member (Rob Felicetti). We wait and wait and we are told no one else is coming out. Everyone waiting leaves but I stay. I'm waiting alone at this point.

Eventually I see Chris, call him over, super nice guy. Then not long after both Jaret and Rob come out. I shout for them. They do a "socially distant" op but it turned out great (Jaret told me the spot to stand).

Rob Felicetti and Jaret Reddick

Chris Burney

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment