Monday, July 4, 2022

Atlantic City Classic Rewind and CSA Show

I decided to do Classic Rewind in Atlantic City. They had many cancellations and that of Ellen Travolta hit me hard. But despite that I decided there were decent enough names still left to get. 

First up, Tracey Gold from Growing Pains. Then one of my top wants at this show, Heather Matarazzo from The Princess Diaries, Scream 3, The Devil's Advocate, and more. After this another top want of mine, Richard Tyson, who was the villain from Kindergarten Cop. 

Then I got Garette Ratliff Henson from Mighty Ducks and Casper. And finally Kate Flannery from The Office. I wanted to get more names but sadly they were priced too high for names of their caliber and I had no one to split either the op or the combo price with. It was heart breaking. The names I skipped were Aaron Schwartz (Mighty Ducks) and Marguerite Moreau (Mighty Ducks) from my main want list. And Natanya Ross (The Baby-Sitters Club) and Sam Horrigan (Little Giants) from my "maybe" list.

Richard Tyson

Heather Matarazzo

Full list of Classic Rewind photos


Next up, CSA show. I go Saturday with Tim Tebow as my main want. Someone I know is getting 2 autos. So I get the table op. Tebow is nice as can be.

I then wait at the main CSA show hotel to get actor Tom Guiry. He was in the 1994 Lassie movie, The Sandlot, Black Hawk Down, and lots of other stuff. While waiting I get a couple of sports names. Football players Kurt Warner (Zachary Levi portrayed him in a movie so I guess it's a half decent name for me) and Bob Lilly. Tom Guiry then showed up and was nice as can be. I then leave the hotel. Spoiler alert this effort would end up being a waste. More on that later.

Tim Tebow

Full list of photo ops


Next day I go again to CSA show. This time my goal is to get a nice shot with a masked Rey Mysterio. My mask shot from 2007 is over the table. Plus he is always wearing a different mask. Luckily I run into someone I know with 15 items to get signed. While waiting for Rey another guy I know has multiple items for both baseball player Alan Trammell and actor Tom Guiry. So I tag along and get ops with each just to do something (rendering my effort for Tom the day before as a waste).

When it's time for Rey we go through and he signs and we get great photo ops with a masked Rey Mysterio.

Alan Trammell

Tom Guiry

Rey Mysterio

No comments:

Post a Comment