Saturday, July 2, 2022

Awesome Con and pre Awesome con meets

 The day before awesome con I had a train for musician Laurie Anderson. I admit I am not too familiar with her but upon looking her up and checking her work she seemed pretty legendary. And since I had good info I figured it was worth going for. While waiting I spot actor Giancarlo Esposito coming in for awesome con. He happened to be on the same train as Laurie. I got him years ago and wanted an upgrade but didn't want to pay con prices! So what a nice bonus to get him here by chance! He was cool about the op. Laurie was friendly and did multi combos for anyone who wanted.

Giancarlo Esposito

Laurie Anderson

Autographs


Next up, Awesome con! Thankfully I only needed 4 names and none of them had COVID ruining the ops. Others there did but no on I needed. Ace comic con was bringing Shang-Chi actors and had their own section so this was a con within a con. How novel.

First op I would get an op with Chinese actress Meng'er Zhang from Shang-Chi. Then Sylvester McCoy from Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Didn't get him in the past so given his age glad to have another chance. Then I got Shang-Chi himself who I failed on in NYC last year. Rounded up my time in awesome con with actor Wilson Cruz.

Simu Liu

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment