Friday, July 1, 2022

Baltimore Celebfest 4 and the NYC Festivities of the Televisions!

The Festivities of the Televisions in NYC was a special time this year. First off, it's the first one since 2019 due to COVID shutting things down. And second, it would be my first time in NYC for 2022. But before going there, I would stop by Baltimore to get some wrestlers at celebfest 4.

My wants weren't very many. But I had read that Lio Rush canceled so I never looked for him turns out he was there. PUNCH! I ended up getting the following: 

Fuego Del Sol, Tay Conti, Toni Storm, Chris Van Vliet, Chris Bey, Mario Mancini, and Tasha Steelz. And I was gifted a Sting autograph. 

Full list of celebfest 4 photo ops

Signed WCW magazine


On to NYC and arrive at the first spot. It was crowded. Saw a lot of people including some WWE folks (Miz, Maryse, Bianca Belair). One notable miss was Raymond Lee and he stopped at the next spot where I should have been. PUNCH. I missed Sarah Hyland who stopped at the next spot as well but I made that one up the next day.

I got to the next spot eventually and eventually Shakira's car arrived. We all went to the garage, she went out of the car, and through struggle and hell I managed to score a selfie! 

After this left to another spot, got an op, and called it a night. Then I commandeered my free parking spot for the rest of the week!

Shakira

Full list of Day 1 photo ops


Day 2 would be pretty solid despite a lot of repeat names. That is sadly a big problem I have now. I have so many people that I see a lot of the same people. I start the day with some members of the new Fresh Prince cast. I get Sarah Hyland whom I missed the night before. I get Uli Latukefu AKA young Rock upgrade (my first shot was the evening prior).

To the next spot and got some got some good fresh names in Adrianne Palicki, Elodie Yung, Adan Canto, and others. Got a lot of repeats there but one notable repeat is Mike Tyson where he did a pretty damn awesome pose. Roman Reigns was at this spot but he did nothing for no one. It's ok I have a great shot with him. After this spot was done went to check out another spot but it had ended. This ended the evening.

Sarah Hyland

Adrianne Palicki

Mike Tyson

Full list of Day 2 photo ops part 1

Full list of Day 2 photo ops part 2


Day 3 would be the weakest of all. Despite a lot of people in town it was hard to get access to most. Passed by a spot, got a couple repeats, then waited to another spot where lots of combo hunters were waiting. Got child actor Walker Scobell who was in a movie with Ryan Reynolds. Got Meg Donnelly, got Bailee Madison again. I showed Bailee our old photo op from 2015 an she even knew when and where it was taken. 

Checked out another spot but the setup was horrid so I bailed on it. Went back to the previous spot then decided to check out a party. But there were too many people at the railing so I walked to another hotel and decided I'd take my chances here. Got some stuff there such as Lisa Ann Walter who was in the 1998 Parent Trap. And I saw Hilary Swank who I needed but sadly she didn't stop. That would have been an epic end to the night if she stopped. People also got stuff at the previous party spot. But I guess you can't be everywhere at once. Checked out one more spot then decided to call it a night.

Full list of Day 3 photo ops


Day 4 I would start at a spot away from the Festivities of the Televisions. My main goal is a rather ambitious one. Namely Jessica Alba. It was off to a good start as I got actress Elizabeth McGovern. Hillary Duff came in and said she would stop leaving. Does me little good as I have her. Alba came in and ignored all as she was being papped. Now there was a huge crowd waiting for Duff. I am hoping Duff comes out first and the crowd would be largely cleared for Alba. Indeed that happens. I get another Duff shot and wait for Alba. Sadly she comes out and ignores. I try for a selfie but get stopped and she is looking down in the shot.

Her car leaves and I run after it. I plead at the window. She does a roll down and SCORE! I get the op. It's not the greatest op, but it's valid and it counts. Hopefully I can upgrade it one day. After I got my op someone came up and asked for autos. She goes "thank you" and just rolls up.

While I was doing all this at another spot related to the Festivities of the Televisions both Andy Garcia and John Cena stopped for people. Thankfully I have both.

Go to a spot and see combo hunters waiting. We see a couple of randoms who don't do ops such as Rita Wilson and Allison Janney but I have them. Saw British politician and Downtown Abbey producer Julian Fellowes. He was cool. Then finally saw a want of mine I've missed over the years, Jared Padalecki.

Then off to another spot where for a change I get a great railing spot. Unfortunately it was largely for nothing as most nobody stopped. Kevin Costner and Sylvester Stallone came but didn't do anything. Pablo Schreiber who I needed did nothing. Got repeats in James Corden, Michael Shannon, Jessica Chastain, and Anson Mount. A masked shot with Shanica (garbage), and soap actress Ilene Kristen (who?). To my shock Patrick Stewart came over and I got an autograph.

Move on to the next spot where ops were happening. I get Elizabeth Tulloch AKA Lois Lane among other things. This is a good fresh meet. Sadly while there Pablo Schreiber does ops at another party spot. The perils of this, so much stuff happening you can't decide where to be. 

Bail on this spot even though I wanted Brec Bassinger AKA Stargirl. I missed her due to going to another spot but I would make that one up the next day. Around this spot Adam Sandler is at a bar and leaves. He is the nastiest I've seen him. Though I have him already. 

Get a bunch of names here, some fresh some repeats, then go back to the previous spot. Stevie Wonder comes and does send ins. Despite seeing him many times I've never seen him do autos. So this is my first Stevie Wonder autograph. Then the cast of Pretty Little Liars come out of a car and I ask for a group shot. And a few of us gets the group shot with Mallory Bechtel, Maia Reficco, Bailee Madison, Zaira, Chandler Kinney, and Malia Pyles. A fine ending to the evening!

Jessica Alba

Pretty Little Liars - Mallory Bechtel, Maia Reficco, Bailee Madison, Zaira, Chandler Kinney, and Malia Pyles

Full list of Day 4 photo ops part 1

Full list of Day 4 photo ops part 2

Full list of Day 4 photo ops part 3


The final day of the Festivities of the Televisions was actually the easiest final day I've ever had since doing the event. And it was pretty fruitful as I got a lot in terms of quantity. And got a few groups shots. I got Brec Bassinger AKA Stargirl which was one I wanted. Got many fresh names and repeats as well.

With the Festivities of the Televisions coming to a close I check out another spot for singer and actress Rina Sawayama. But she's in. So I go back to the previous spot. Then when it's time to go back for Rina I officially bid farewell to the Festivities of the Televisions and that felt good. I cut it early cause at that point I figured not much else to get that was still in town. 

On to Rina and we are a handful of combo hunters waiting. We make a rookie movie and somehow she slips past us from behind and leaves in her van. Others got her who are not experienced combo hunters. What an embarrassing moment for us all!  

Go to the "easy" spots of NYC. Wow it's been a while due to COVID. I wanted an upgrade with Julianne Hough along with autos and a fresh shot with actress Suzy Nakamura.

I see Vanessa Williams with a mask and get her on the show program. I met her before so no issue there. I see Julie White get a socially distant shot. Again I have her. Julianne Hough is nice about the photo op but doesn't sign my merch despite my pleas. Cynthia Nixon is a random and I get another op. And finally Suzy Nakamura comes out and I get a combo. I try for actress Beanie Feldstein at another spot but she wasn't having it.

The final NYC spot is a spot with a bunch of models. Not sure who most any of them are but I did get Maye Musk AKA Elon Musk's mother. When that event ended, I ended my time in NYC. I stopped by for some dollar pizza which somehow resisted inflation, grabbed a couple of slices, went to my car, slept at a rest stop in NJ for a few hours, then headed out.

Brec Bassinger

Julianne Hough

Full list of Day 5 photo ops part 1

Full list of Day 5 photo ops part 2

Full list of Day 5 photo ops part 3

Full list of Day 5 photo ops part 4

Autographs (Stevie Wonder and Patrick Stewart)

No comments:

Post a Comment