Friday, July 8, 2022

Kicking off July with a few meets

Started July with comedian and actor DeRay Davis. He has quite a few movie credits such a Barbershop, Scary Movie 4, GI Joe Retaliation, among others. Came out of his show and I got the op no issue. 

DeRay Davis


Next up, an event I was on the fence about doing and didn't even print for cause I was not going to do it as there was no one I really needed. But in the end I caved because I wanted Rachel Platten who sings the Fight song. Sadly we saw her 3-4 times and each time she just either ignored photo op requests or just looked back and smiled and waved. I'll probably never listen to this song again.

It wasn't a total waste though. Gloria Gaynor was nice. I got her then got her again when she was all dressed up. Upgrade over my previous shot. Got country singer Jake Owen (fresh). Got a combo from actress Cynthia Erivo. Saw Chita Rivera she stopped before I got there didn't really try to get her as I got her before. 

Singer Mickey Guyton came out and said she would do it coming back. She is pure pokemon for me but since I wanted my stay here to be as fruitful as possible I decided to wait since this was practically a guarantee. And true to her word when she came back she was nice as can be and I got a fresh op.

COVID reared its ugly head but thankfully it didn't affect me. Yolanda Adams who I have a couple of photos with already did mask shots which I didn't bother getting. And Keb Mo used that as an excuse not to stop, but I have him before. 

Gloria Gaynor

Full list of photo ops

Autograph


Next up, went to the airport for gymnast and Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles. I was commissioned to get some autographs from her. On the same flight was her fiancĂ© Jonathan Owens. They showed up both of them, holding hands, no mask. I ask for the op they agree. I wanted to get in between but they didn't want to let go of each other's hands. So I just stood next to her for the op. Sadly they refused autographs and said they would only do ops.

Tried again when they went to baggage asking for just one each but they declined. They were seated and still holding hands.

Simone Biles and Jonathan Owens


No comments:

Post a Comment