Saturday, July 2, 2022

Scattered movie and music meets to round off May

The Who were on tour. I already met Pete Townshend on a previous tour and failed on a Roger Daltrey photo op when I went to his book signing in NYC. This tour, Pete (who is normally a nice guy) was using the COVID excuse and Roger was doing autographs and photo ops for $100 each (no combo pricing). This was an opportunity to get this music legend who is normally an asshole. I wait at the hotel during check outs. 

Arrive at the hotel and there's others waiting. One guy had $1300 to spend, one guy had $500, and there were others who had money too. I only had $100. When it was go time they lined us up. I allowed the big spenders to go ahead me, which was a good strategy. Cause when I just asked for a photo op I wasn't charged! Score! Or in the words of the Battle Droids from the prequal era Star Wars.....Roger Roger! After I got the op I simply ran away before they could realiz what transpired. 

Roger Daltrey


Next up, got a tip for an event with a couple of actors from the new Top Gun, Greg Davis and Glen Power. Could use an upgrade with Glen and never got Greg. Arrive at the venue. There's a car that I think is theirs. That car moves and I'm wondering why. Then it hit me that there's a side door people could leave from. Unfortunately I realize that too late (I hadn't been here in years). I also get word that they left the venue. But by miracle I get the hotel info via social media! I rush there and find that same car waiting. 

I quickly try to park and find a not so legal spot. I run there and just as I'm getting there they are both coming out! I ask them for ops and the driver tries to stop me but I completely ignore him. Both of them are nice as can be. 

Greg Davis

Glen Powell


Next up was a music venue for singer and actor Jesse McCartney. I already have him but I was with others who wanted him. So I went. Got the opening acts Casey Baer and Jamie Miller. Not sure who they are but you never know one day. Then got a combo with Jesse. 

Full list of photo ops

Autograph


Next up I went to the Johnny Depp hotel. Didn't see Johnny but got his lawyers.

Camille Vasquez

Benjamin Chew


Next up an event with a bunch of people, mostly people I met. It would be off to a good start as I'd get Joe Mantegna (update), singer Pia Toscano (fresh), and a combo with Gary Sinise (upgrade). Then the venue people start giving us crap. I stand up to them but figuring they could prevent celebs from stopping we all decide to go to the hotel.

The hotel I would get fresh names in Jack Everly and Alfie Boe (though I don't really know them) and updates and autographs with Mary McCormack and Jean Smart. Sadly a name I wanted Gil Birmingham didn't stop. Saw Dennis Haysbert and Norm Lewis, they didn't stop but I have them. And country singer Craig Morgan walked by us. Overall it was sub par.

Full list of photo ops

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment