Thursday, November 24, 2022

Actors and AEW to kick off November

So AEW was in Baltimore and there is a spot with a bunch of actors. Most of them are at the not big names or barely valid, but there were 3 main names I wanted. Jasmine Guy from Different World and Scary Movie 5, Dorien Wilson from Sister Sister, and Terrence Carson AKA Mace Windu in the Clone Wars cartoon and he was also in Final Destination 2. 

Unfortunately this meant that I had to miss AEW at the hotel plus a Billy Gunn flight (I need him on a figure). This sadly is the side effect of not being able to be everywhere. And I did  indeed miss a huge AEW rackfest (thankfully I have most of the names). But I did want Jasmine Guy so I was stuck here and I would dedicate some time to AEW the next day.

The event ended I went up to the stage and got some names. Then I got some people walking to the party, then again leaving the venue. I got my main 3 targets and then some but also missed a lot of barely valids just cause no one could spot them. 

Jasmine Guy I almost missed. While I was inside she came out to smoke, did ops, went back inside. I rushed from inside to outside hoping to see her and then she left the venue and did a photo op with me as she entered an uber. Praise the combo Gods. Besides the main 3 I got names like Terayle Hill, Kiki Haynes, and others.

Terrence C Carson

Jasmine Guy

Dorien Wilson

Full list of photo ops


I then drive to Baltimore, sleep in the car, as I ready for a flight for the biggest name in AEW that has eluded me: Kenny Omega! Yes it's true I never had luck getting the guy as I never saw him and I was never at a con he was at. Plus his price is like $100 at a con and that isn't very appealing to begin with. So I wake up, I mooch some breakfast, and it was off to the airport. 

We see Kenny and he is super cool signing and taking photos. He said not to post the photos online. I assume he said that cause he hadn't been back on TV then. But now that he's back on TV I think we're fine posting them. I got the photo op and five 8x10s signed, a $600 convention value! Although I wouldn't have paid for the autos at a con so I guess I technically "only" saved $50-$100 for his op depending if I split it or not (which don't get me wrong I'm very happy saving that money).

Back to the hotel where the setup is no where close to the ideal setup they had the day before as they put us further away and it was harder to have access. I got a few names but had most of them. I did get fresh names in Cole Karter and Angelico so I guess that's something. And by luck Billy Gunn (who wasn't staying there) was dropping off his sons so I managed to get my figure done. He was barely wanting to do it saying his arms are frozen but gave me the best Billy Gunn autograph I ever got (paid or free). He wrote "Bad Ass Billy Gunn HOF 2019 DX". I also got Jerry Lynn on the WWE_E V3.

I cut my time short and people got more later but not too much that I didn't have. Kenny Omega was the main one so mission accomplished! 

Kenny Omega

Kenny Omega autographs

Billy Gunn figure

Full list of AEW photo ops


Next evening I go to a venue for actor Brandon T Jackson from the Percy Jackson movies. After the show he was super cool greeting people

Photo op


And a few days after that to another venue for actor Tommy Davidson. Similar setup where after the show he was super nice and greeted people. 

Photo op

No comments:

Post a Comment