Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Scattered meets throughout September

September starts with the cast of Pawn Stars. They were in town for a couple of days. First day I get Chumlee and Corey Harrison. Sadly Rick Harrison declines. I have a shot with him from years ago but he has hat and shades so I wanted an upgrade. 

Next day I get Rebecca Romney and try again for Rick, sadly to no avail.

Pawn Stars photo ops


Got a flight for Leslie David Baker from The Office. Nice as can be did the photo op and signed.

Photo op

Autographs


Next up, I go for the band Culture Club, best known for the song Karma Chameleon. I have Boy George but need the other band members. Boy George declines everyone waiting at the hotel but one of his people comes down and takes our stuff up to get signed. I wait some more and eventually see both Mikey Craig and Roy Hay who are both nice as can be.

Photo ops

Autographs


Then I go for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Need pretty much anyone not named Chad Smith. But sadly the lead singer Anthony Kiedis is known not to stop anymore and the other members, John Frusciante and Flea, are iffy.

I start at a spot for Billions actor and comedian Dan Soder. Security is bothering us and even telling us we can't stand on the streets! WTF? I didn't want to start fights with him cause that guard is a regular at the spot, but Dan goes in and we don't get a chance to ask.

Then to the Red Hot Chili Peppers spot. I wait for them leaving for the show, I see Chad going for a walk. He is nice as can be as usual. Get him to sign, get a photo op. Then coming back I get a no shades shot. Sadly I don't see anyone else.

Later that evening I go back to the spot for Dan Soder. He leaves the spot, that security guard is nowhere in sight, and I get the photo op. I then quickly go away to avoid the security guard. In doing so I actually missed actor Jermaine Fowler who was attending the show, but thankfully I have a couple of shots from NYC a few years ago.

Back to the Red Hot Chili Peppers spot, but it was a bust. I only see Flea and he blanks. 

Photo ops

Autograph


Now a couple of airport runs. First I go for actress Sarah Rafferty. Sadly she declines ops while wearing a mask but signs. When she goes outside I try to plead a little more hoping it will make a difference, she offers to do mask ops. But all saddened I just walk away. I don't think it was even a COVID thing. I think she just wasn't all dolled up.

Next day I go for a Seth Rogen flight. Already have him but needed his wife Lauren Miller who is an actress. First I get Seth autos. Then I ask Lauren for a photo op, asking her if she would pull down the mask which she does. Afterwards I ask Seth Rogen for a photo and get an update.

Lauren Miller

Seth Rogen

Autographs


Next up an even I'm not really sure why I went. Only person I really cared for was DJ Jazzy Jeff and I had him. It was something to do passing by and I thought I'd get a couple of ops along the way. Got blown off by Grandmaster Flash who did ops with others but I couldn't get it. I got MC Lyte and DJ Kool. And got DJ Jazzy Jeff update and autos. Plus other ops.

Full list of photo ops

Autographs


Then a trip to Gettysburg, PA for actor Damian Chapa AKA Ken from the Street Fighter 2 movie. A rare name I have not seen elsewhere so it was odd to see him make an appearance at a restaurant called Plaza Azteca. Got the photo op. 

Photo op


Another airport run for actress Constance Wu. Already have her but she is nice as can be so I thought I'd go for some autos. By miracle I manage to spot her with a mask and shades on. Not sure how. I get a photo op and get her to sign. She is wearing shades but that's ok I have a great shot from NYC.

Photo op

Autographs


Now a huge event which involves the likes of Julia Roberts, George Clooney, Tom Hanks, and Bradley Cooper. Never got Julia and need autographs from Bradley.

The pre event the night before I would score Anna Kendrick on entries. I got her years ago but she has shades on. And when I got her a second time the shot was blurry. So this is a welcome upgrade. Get some other names and an autograph from Billie Jean King then wait for exits where I get Anna to sign (somehow I spotted her leaving and all the other graphers missed her leaving). I get Billie Jean King update. And someone with a great eye spots actress Garcelle Beauvais. No one huge but she was in the original Coming to America and Wild Wild West. Not bad for a bonus name. 

The next day is the big event. I see Anna enter but don't bother her. Throughout the day bust would be the theme. Julia Roberts did nothing at the event or hotel. Bradley Cooper did nothing at the venue and at the hotel he signed one but I didn't get him. Other graphers then followed him further to other spots but to no avail. Clooney did nothing at the venue or hotel.  And Tom Hanks ignored leaving the venue. Wow. But I guess I had to try for glory. My sole op for the day was another shot with Jose Andre.

Full list of photo ops

Anna Kendrick

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment