Monday, November 21, 2022

Scattered meets throughout October

Technically very end of September, but it crosses to October so I'll start this report with actor Larenz Tate from The Postman. Go to the airport and he stopped. Got the op and autographs.

Larenz Tate

Autographs


Couple of days later I try the event to get actress Paige Hurd who I could not find a flight for. I was on the fence of even dedicating the time but I ended up in the vicinity. They were going from one spot to the other. I check the outbound spot but don't see them. Then I check the destination spot, again nothing. Just lots of people. I'm about to give up I walk outside then see a bunch of photogs waiting. So I wait and the stars arrive. I ask Paige for an op and she is super nice about it even asking if the photo came out. I try to update my Larenz Tate but he says later. Sadly this wouldn't be without a PUNCH because at another event was actress Lynn Whitfield and she did ops. I tried to scout out if I could find her out and about but no luck. 

Paige Hurd


Next up, AEW in town. Sadly it fell the same time as NYCC week so I could not cover it. I did a little bit before going to NYC. I got a handful of fresh names most notably Ariya Daivari but otherwise underwhelming (because I have most of the names). I also got Big Cass on the WWE_E V3.

Full list of AEW photo ops


Next up, and event where Ray Romano and Brendan Fraser are appearing. I have them already but wanted better ops. First up go to Ray and get him arriving. He is nice as he does the op and signs. Sadly, it's debatable if this is a better shot considering he has facial hair. 

Then to another spot for Branden Fraser but as soon as we spot him we somehow lose him. So we have to try for him later. Meanwhile try for composer Charles Fox who composed music for movies and tv shows. And he is very nice.

Finally try for Branden again. See Ray again while doing so. Take another shot but it's blurry. Then we wait to go into the Branden event as I barely manage to score a photo op as security whisked him away!

Ray Romano

Charles Fox

Brendan Fraser

Autographs


After attending Baltimore celebfest 5 I go to another spot in Maryland and I get artist Michael Godard. I catch his event just as it's ending and he was cool.

Photo op

Autograph


The next day I would go to a spot for Damon Albarn, the lead singer of the band Blur. He was very nice. 

Photo op


Past mid October there's an event with three One Tree Hill actresses. Appearing are Bethany Joy Lenz, Sophia Bush, and Hilarie Burton. Bethany I have a great shot, Sophia I could use an upgrade, and Hilarie I never got. I arrive at the event and find out that a big want of mine, Lee Norris AKA Minkus from Boy Meets World is there! Also there is actor Antwon Tanner. 

At the venue I get ops with 2 of 3 original members of the rockband Switchfoot. Namely Jon and Tim Foreman. But sadly none of the actors stop but by miracle I manage to find the next spot. When there I go inside to make sure they are there, and indeed I see them wining and dining. So I wait outside. 

When they leave I see Sophia and she doesn't stop, but both Lee and Antwon are nice as can be. The other two I sadly don't see. 

Full list of photo ops

Lee Norris


Towards the end of October I was trying for a spot for actress Zoe Saldana. Sadly it seemed like she was no longer there. But nearby was an event with lots of people lined up. So had to scan the people to see if there were any valids there. And turns out there were quite a few actors there. But sadly I already had most of them. I did get two notable fresh names, namely actor Sendhil Ramamurthy from Heroes and The Flash, and actress Poorna Jagannathan from Never Have I Ever. So my time there wasn't a complete waste. As I was leaving I also see Utkarsh Ambudkar from Free Guy, who I also saw at NYCC earlier in the month.

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment