Sunday, July 23, 2023

4 cons in 4 different states in 1 weekend

In early July I would attend a total of 4 cons in 4 different states in just 1 single weekend (Friday through Sunday). I think this is a new record for me. Let us begin. 

Con #1: Friday, Blerdcon, Virginia

This one starts at the airport the evening before I attend the con. I needed one rare awesome voice acting name, namely Cree Summer. She was Elmyra in Tiny Toons and Penny in the Inspector Gadget cartoons. Unfortunately, Rachel True was also on the same flight and I correctly anticipated this would cause issues as they would likely exit together. They both come out together greeted by con security and hardly want to stop. Cree was even shocked I tried to ask her. Cree does an op with a mask with someone and doesn't agree to take it off, so I don't even bother trying to get an op. Rachel did an op then I figured I may as well get an update since I'm here. She claimed to have remembered me from before. Not sure how possible that is considering I got her at Monstermania in 2015. But I played along and told her truthfully that I did indeed meet her at a con and I talked her into doing a non con op. Both refused to sign. With that fail, I had to attend the con the next day.

Rachel True

I go to the con the next day and line up for Cree Summer. Also hiding my face from the security guard who saw me at the airport the prior day. Get the op with her. I also got a photo op with deaf child actor Keivonn Woodard.

Cree Summer

Keivonn Woodard


Con #2: Saturday, Contropolis, New Jersey

The evening prior I arrived in Secaucus. Good thing about this venue, indoor parking garage. Perfect place to park and sleep as it shields you from the hot July sun.

I didn't have very many wants, but the wants I did have were somewhat rare. Mainly James Pax (Big Trouble in Little China, Nasty Boys), Ernie Reyes Jr (TMNT2 The Secret of the Ooze), and Angela Goethals (Home Alone). Luckily I had splits for most everything. 

Start with Angela Goethals who is super nice. Then James Pax, Marti Matulis (The Mandalorian), Stephanie Czajkowski (Doom Patrol), then Ernie Reyes Jr. Ernie told us how he was living without a kidney for 7 years now he has one kidney. Ended my time at this con with Israel Juarbe (Karate Kid) and Ray Porter (who voiced Darkseid). 

Full list of Contropolis photos


Con #3: Saturday, Eternal Con, New York

Me and one buddy left Contropolis and drove off to Long Island for Eternal Con. Took longer than expected to get there cause there was crash after crash after crash. Don't think I encountered so many car crashes in such a short period of time. 

I had one main want, the 98 year old David Frankham. He was in Return of the Fly, the original 101 Dalmatians, and lots more. 

Get to the con and got David. It's amazing to see him, 98 years and he can still smile, pose for ops, and sign his name. How some people are so blessed. 

To make my time here more worthwhile I split a photo op with Todd Stashwick (Picard, You, Me and Dupree, among others). And I ended my time here with Pete Cannarozzi who did music for Thundercats and was a voice actor for Silver Hawks.

David Frankham

Todd Stashwick

Pete Cannarozzi


After this con I did some NYC stuff (to be reported) and was off to my final con for the weekend.

Con #4: Sunday, Shore Leave, Maryland

This con had 4 names I wanted at this con. Grace Park, Ben Browder, Penny Johnson Jerald, and Peter Macon. Unfortunately, I had no splits for anyone and 3 of those were just too expensive. So, I only got Peter Macon (Family Guy). I tried to mooch the other 3 after the show to no avail. But the attempt wasn't 100% for nothing because I did get another photo op with Robert Picardo (coach in Wonder Years). It is an upgrade because in my previous shot he has facial hair. I got him clean shaven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment