Thursday, July 13, 2023

Fan Expo Philadelphia and a quick NYC haul

Kick off June with Fan Expo in Philadelphia. I wasn't going to go if I had no splits, and as it turned out I had splits. Since most names I needed were Saturday only, my initial plan was to go Saturday and skip Joseph Quinn who was Sunday only as his op price was too high and I had no splits for him. Then on Saturday while at the con I got a call asking me for a split. I decided to take it. This meant I was in for 2 days.

Arrived in Philly the night before, found a free parking spot about a 10 minute walk from the venue, slept, woke up, mooched some breakfast, and it was off to the con.

Started the con with some comic book names, most notably Mike DeCarlo who is known for the Batman Death in the Family storyline. Then I get actress Kristin Kreuk from Smallville. Then another comic book name, namely Bob McLeod. When I get home I realized I have a Superman comic for him. Dammit! Hope he does other cons. Katee Sackhoff was sadly pro op only but since I had a splitter I had to get her. And finally Emily Bett Rickards from Arrow who finally did a NE con.

Since I had to be in Philly the next day, I decided to go to NYC and rack up some "easy" show names. First stop is for actor William Jackson Harper. He was nice as can be. While there I get actor Eric Berryman and an update with Jay O Sanders.

Then go for deaf actress Millicent Simmonds. Go there and wait, I see Laurie Metcalf come out with her dog so I get an update. Sophia Anne Caruso comes out with the mask but I did not bother since I have a photo op. Then Millicent Simmonds comes out with a mask and pulls it down for the photo op.

Next one my target is actress Katie Finneran. As I got there I found out Scott Foley left. It's ok I have a couple of ops with them. I get an update with Chris Sullivan, then Katie comes out and is nice. D’arcy Carden was due to come out but I had little reason to stick around as I had her. 

Final spot for the evening was for actor Andrew Burnap, who will be in the upcoming Snow White movie. The last time I tried for him he would not remove the mask for the photo. I arrive and I get Dakin Matthews again, actress Delphi Borich, and finally Andrew with no mask! Never saw Phillipa Soo or Jordan Donica but thankfully Jordan I got the last time I was there and Phillipa I got in the past. Overall my NYC trek was basically a clean sweep.

Katee Sackhoff

Andrew Burnap

Ful list of Fan Expo photo ops

Full list of NYC photo ops


The next day I start at a spot to try and get Hayden Christenson. The night before he racked out multi combos with everyone. But today he sadly snuck out. While waiting I saw Sam Raimi and Giancarlo Esposito heading to the con but I had no reason to ask them. And I saw singer John Mellencamp who denied but thankfully I have him already. Hayden did stop at the airport but I didn't put all the effort to get him since I have him already.

And finally, the pro op session with Joseph Quinn, which went smoothly. 

Joseph Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment