Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Scattered meets throughout May part 2

Later in May there was Balitmore Celebfest (already reported). But before going to that I tried for the Cavinder twins at the airport. I thought maybe they go to WWE one day. They both took the photo op no issue. After I got the ops one of them called their mother (who was also flying with them) to come to them.

Haley Cavinder

Hanna Cavinder


After celebfest I tried a quick play. Sadly besides Michael Urie who I already have, most everyone there ranged from barely valid to the bottom of the validity barrel. But it was quick and easy. 

Full list of photo ops


Next up, I found a WWE flight with Rick Boogs. Every time I ever tried for him at the airport, somehow he slips by as I'm getting other people (and he would never have luggage). This time I definitely had him cornered so zero chance he could slip by me. There were others on the flight but I had them all. One female with hat and shades denied me. I didn't know who it was but saw her with Karion Kross so must have been Scarlet. Boogs was nice as can be. I also got a no shades upgrade with LA Knight among other repeats. 

Rick Boogs

Full list of photo ops


Then the Horror on the Main con in Hunt Valley. Had very little wants there, but mainly went for Carl Gottlieb from Jaws. I got actress Katie Parker, Carl Gottlieb, Tom Woodruff Jr who acted and did special effects on movies such as Aliens, Terminator, and others. Ended this con with Camden Toy who was in Buffy, Angel, among other things.

Horror on the Main photo ops


While driving to another spot I find a flight on actor Mykelti Williamson who was in tons of things such a Con Air, Forest Gump, Species II, Three Kings, and lots more! I rush to the airport and thankfully manage to catch him. He is nice as can be. His wife, who seems to be a small time actress, declined photos. 

Mykelti Williamson


Back to the spot I was planning where I missed people due to being at the con and the airport, but I have pretty much all of them. As I arrive, early on most don't stop, only Tanya Trotter and Michael Trotter stopped (fresh). But they all say they will stop for returns and they do. I got singer Phillip Phillips (fresh) who sings the song Home, an adult update with Chosen Jacobs. I told him I met him at Monstermania and he shook my hand. Got updates with Mary McCormack, Dule Hill, and S Epatha Merkerson. Dule's wife is an actress but sadly she was up in his room and I wasn't going to come back the next day for her. Tanya Trotter and Michael Trotter Jr came back and I got another shot of them all dressed up.

Phillip Phillips

Full list of photo ops


Next up, Blink 182. Kourtney Kardashian was also with Travis Barker. Sadly it was largely a bust. Tom DeLonge was a complete dick, Mark Hoppus stopped, and Travis Barker and Kourtney snuck and I didn't even see him. 

Mark Hoppus

Autographs


Ended May with the Foo Fighters. I have most of them but needed some autographs and some members I didn't have.

First I try the hotel. Saw Chris Shiflett whom I need a combo with. But he was nasty and denied. Coming back he even cursed me out. The barely valid drummer Josh Freese even denied. Even worse both these did ops the day before when I wasn't there. Painful. 

Saw Rami Jaffee who was nice as can be. Got a combo from him on my vinyl. Then I went to the Andrew McCarthy book signing. I have him but was hoping his son Sam McCarthy who is an actor would be with him as he was in other appearances. Sadly this would not be the case and I only get an update with Andrew.

The hotel for Foo Fighters were generally being nasty and making it hard for us, so after that and the next day the hotel was fruitless. But I had a plan B. Namely the flight out! As a bonus, flying out around the same time was basketball player Muggsy Bogues who is one of the main players in the movie Space Jam. Jerome Williams, another player, was also with him. They were cool. 

Back to Foo Fighters, through the skin of my teeth got drummer Josh Freese. Sad world when names like him are hard. Got updates and autos from Nate Mendel and Pat Smear. They are still super nice. Chris Shiflett still denied despite my pleas. I said hello to Rami who remembered me from the hotel. Dave Grohl denied all autos and photos. I have him but could have used an auto. 

During the flight the tour manager was pitching a fit and I egged him a little. I told him they were making it hard on us at the hotel hence why we had to come here. He goes you don't "have" to come here. I said we did indeed have to in order to get autographs and photos. It was such a good feeling to egg him in a setting where he had no power to stop us.

Full list of photo ops

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment