Friday, July 21, 2023

Scattered meets throughout June part 2

At a day towards the end of June, there was an event where anyone could show up. From actors, to politicians, to everyone in between. I arrive, park, and go wait. Took a chance and parked at a spot that would not be legal for another hour. I had no other option as I didn't want to pay a parking garage or park at a spot that is illegal no matter what. 

So I begin to wait and see who shows up, and not long after a huge want of mine that I've missed multiple times in NYC shows up! Director M. Night Shyamalan! Who directed such movies as Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, among others! I couldn't believe it! Already on the board for the evening! 

Get a couple of more names and just walking down the street randomly is Ed Sheeran's drummer Mark Pusey. I chase him down and get the op. Kinda fell into place well since I had just gotten Ed himself in NYC not long ago. Tim Cook came in signed a couple. I already have the op. Open AI CEO Sam Altman comes in does nothing and promises ops on exits. 

Go back to my car about 2 hours after I parked, and thankfully no ticket! I print out an 8x10 for M Night, and return for exits. 

Exits would be a success as I get autos from Tim Cook and M Night, photo op and autos from Sam Altman, and other things. The night ended with a photo op from actor Maulik Pancholy which upgrade my shot from NYC a few years ago (he was wearing a beanie).

M Night Shyamalan

Full list of photo ops

Autographs

Top blanks are M. Night Shyamalan and Billy Jean King. Bottom are Tom Cook and Sam Altman


Next up is a music event. I went to the event Day 1 and I got singer/songwriter Bunny Hull. Otherwise there wasn't much to be had. Got Maria Faith and Josh Crossney from American Idol and others. 

Then I went to the airport for the singer of The Nanny theme song, Ann Hampton Callaway. She was surprised to see someone waiting for her but was nice. Took ops and signed. 

The next day it was the main part of this event, and I did pretty solid. Got Scherrie Payne, comedian and actress Kerri Pomarolli, Ann Hampton Callaway again who recognized me from the prior evening, and I upgraded my shot with her. Got her sister Lisa Callaway who completed my 8x10 that Ann signed. Got an autograph from Melissa Manchester and an update photo op. 

Got the 88 year old gospel singer Dorothy Norwood. It was amazing to see her take photos and sign autographs while all frail and in bad shape while so many young stars will shit on you. And got singer Jan Daley.

Toni Basil (Hey Mickey) was supposed to be there but ended up canceling. I actually had a flight on her before she canceled it. She appeared on video for this event. 

Sadly the rest of the night would not go well as I had other non-combo engagements, and because of that I was about 5 minutes later for singer Deniece Williams at a venue. 

Full list of day 1 photo ops

Full list of day 2 photo ops

Autographs


And lastly I would pop up at CSA show to get a photo op with Ed "Too Tall" Jones. I wanted him because he was a guest referee at Wrestlemania 2.

Ed Too Tall Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment