Monday, July 24, 2023

Kicking off July with wrestling and some celebs

Kick off July with a short trip to the former ECW Arena for Icons of Wrestling AKA RF Con. My reason to go was basically the 82-year-old Jules Strongbow, whom I never met. Even better, they added Kwee Wee from WCW fame, a rare name I never got! 

I arrive there and my first op is with Pierre Ouellet. I met Pierre before but my first op he has the eye patch as Jean Pierre Lafitte and my second op he is in his PCO get up. So I was happy to get an op with plain Pierre Ouellet. Next up, Private Party. I already have Isiah Kassidy but never met Marq Quen. So rather than pay for the dual shot I opted to save money and get Marq by himself. 

Then I finally get Jules. I got the full combo, getting him to sign a magazine pin up already signed by Chief Jay Strongbow. He was quiet and not overly talkative or friendly. But I got the combo and that's all that matters. 

Then to Kwee Wee who was friendly. The combo price was not much more than the op price so I opted to get the inside cover of my WCW book done. Ended my time at RF Con with a Brandi Lauren photo op. 

Pierre Ouellet

Marq Quen

Jules Strongbow

Kwee Wee

Brandi Lauren

Jules Strongbow Autograph


Then a day where I would have to juggle both WWE and some celebs. I start with the celebs where I go to the airport. Incoming is Alfonso Ribeiro AKA Carlton Banks from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. He signs my 8x10s but says he doesn't do ops with his family. No problem as I have him. I then go to the hotel where I missed Belinda Carlisle by 2 minutes. I have her but would have liked an update op and auto (spoiler, I would get her next evening). 

First I get actress Adrienne Warren (fresh). Now here I have a decision to make. There was a mass WWE flight and I had to decide if I wanted to go to that flight or stay here. It wasn't 100% certain where the WWE flight would let up. But I decided to stay put and the WWE flight would wind up being a rack fest. However, there was only one name I needed on that flight and I would make that up in the next couple of days. 

Staying put I get two members of Boyz II Men. I got a combo from Shawn Stockman (fresh) and an update from Nathan Morris. Then I got one of the barely valid members of the band Chicago.

Full list of photo ops


Now I leave this spot to do some WWE inbounds. Baseball player Coco Crisp is spotted randomly. No idea who he is, but when in Rome. I wait till others get the op then I ask him.

First flight I get JD McDonagh (fresh and auto), Indi Hartwell (fresh and autos), Nikki Cross (update), Maxxine Dupri (fresh and auto), and Chelsea Green (no hat upgrade and auto). Odyssey Jones whom I never met was supposed to be on this flight but sadly canceled. 

Next flight I would get Kayden Carter and Katana Chance, both fresh and autos. Tegan Nox was on the flight, and I am 0-3 for her (first two times were mask shots, third time she no showed the flight). She walked by us, I spotted her, and one person insisted in wasn't her and we were busy with Kayden and Katana so she disappeared. I would have to wait till outbounds for another chance at her. I am now 0-4 for Tegan Nox. 

We wait and see who is on the next flight and Candice LeRae, Apollo Crews, and Tommaso Ciampa, all of which are updates. Wait for another flight but no one is there.

Indi Hartwell

Kayden Carter and Katana Chance

Full list of photo ops


Next day I was hoping to get Chicago. The 3 originals left in the band are Robert Lamm, Lee Loughnane, and James Pankow. From this I need a Robert combo and a James auto. Sadly I only got an updated op with James as they were all not very accommodating throughout the day. I also got a couple of the barely valid members. 

I got another op with actress S Epatha Merkerson and an upgrade shot with actor Charles Esten. Then Nathan Morris from Boyz II Men, whom I never got. He wasn't trying to stop and I got a bad selfie as he went for a walk but as he returned I barely managed to get a full combo. This completes all the Boyz II Men members that actually tour. Still missing one guy.

The duo Maddie and Tae were not trying to stop leaving or coming back. So no one got them. Babyface was barely stopping but I didn't put an effort on him since I have him.

Belinda Carlisle didn't stop leaving but on returns she did. I got a combo with her. Alfonso Ribeiro was due back but I had no interest in waiting since I had nothing to get signed and already have a great photo op. So I left and it was time for more WWE.

Nathan Morris

Belinda Carlisle

Full list of photo ops


Next day is the next round of WWE airport meets! It's off to a good start as I get a fresh meet in Zoey Stark (and auto). Then approach Damian Priest and get an upgrade. He was cool about photo ops. Then get JD McDonagh again. Also saw Indi Hartwell but didn't bother her.

Go to another area where I see Rea Ripley. As people got her I told her I met her before so I'll just say hi. She thanked me. I did get a full body standing shot with Matt Riddle as my previous ops were selfies. Saw Apollo Crews, Akira Tazawa, Io Sky, and Kenny Dykstra but I had no need to bother them. 

Then went to another area where I was expecting Tegan Nox. Saw Kayden Carter and Katana Chance but we all just said hello to them. Finally see Tegan Nox and finally break my Tegan Nox curse as I get a no mask op and autographs. Also see Liv Morgan and got another photo op with her. I consider this an upgrade over all my other ops. Saw Ivar of the Viking Raiders and called it quits soon after and mooched some breakfast.

Zoey Stark

Damian Priest

Tegan Nox

Liv Morgan

Full list of photo ops


Now to showcase some autographs from all this

Alfonso Ribeiro

Music autographs

WWE autographs


WWE_E V4 autographs obtained:

Chelsea Green
Maxxine Dupri (inside cover)
JD McDonagh (inside cover)
Zoey Stark (inside cover)
Tegan Nox


No comments:

Post a Comment