Friday, November 13, 2015

A great score a midst mixed results

Few days after NYCC and a week before Chiller, it was time for another trek. 

My main objective is Roger Waters of Pink Floyd. I go to the venue and there are a few graphers. We wait. Fist up is Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins who does nothing for no one. Then Roger Waters does nothing! To add insult to injury he stopped the day before. All I got was a photo op with GE Smith. 

Now it's off to where Waters was staying. We play the waiting game. I see Billy Corgan again as he is dining across the street. When he returns I approach with my camera and try to plead for the photo op. But to no avail. 

Time goes by and none other than Eddie Murphy is coming back! Yes by coincidence him and Waters were staying in the same place! He gets dropped off and racks for everyone as I manage to score a photo op!  

After the Eddie Murphy success actor JW Cortes from Gotham is spotted. I get a photo op and he is more than happy to pose. 

Roger Waters leaves but is snuck out, sadly. I decided to go home which in hindsight was a terrible move because after the show he signed at the spot I was waiting. Roger Waters did sign a few times, sadly the times I was there he did nothing for no one I guess that's one the combo Gods did not want me to have. 

The next day I go to a spot to see if some celebrities here for Eddie Murphy show up. The spot is pretty much dead. I do get a photo op with actress Becky Gulsvig but she is a stage actress so she is not valid. Back to yesterday's spot. Sadly I missed Arsenio Hall who stopped though he was wearing a hood and shades. We wait more and Eddie is due to leave. But I was not optimistic of anything happening. I join another grapher at another spot in the hopes of scoring Connie Francis. Sadly we never see her but I end up getting Vincent Pastore. 

Instead of going back to the spot where Eddie is supposed to come out I go to a spot where he is supposed to arrive. Sadly I missed a couple of people going in such as Kathy Griffin. I get a Dave Chappelle combo but not much else. Eddie arrives and he is MOBBED. I manage to get a vinyl and two 8x10s signed. Arsenio Hall slipped past everyone in all that chaos. At this point I choose to go to a party which in hindsight was a good move because Eddie and Arsenio snuck out. And the people I missed I knew I would see the next day. 

Now we are at the day of the event. Early on Arsenio Hall comes in and he does only two photo ops. By some miracle I manage to get one of those shots. This was the only time he ever stopped that day. Every other time he either did nothing or he snuck in/out. 

Shortly after I get Arsenio Hall Joresky, adelta, and others join up. 

Trevor Noah comes in and does only 3 photo ops. For one person the camera did not go off. Adelta's shot is invalid because his eyes are closed. By some miracle I got the only valid shot. After that he never did anything for anyone. It truly is a sad state of things when names like Trevor Noah are assholes. 

Throughout I got photo ops with Joe Piscopo, Jay Pharoah, Kevin Nealon, Dick Gregory, and George Schlatter. 

Brittany Howard was a bitch most of the day but at the end did photo ops. Though my shot is invalid as she is looking away. 

I got combos with Kathy Griffin, Sam Moore, and Dave Chappelle. At first I got an invalid Sam Moore shot but later got a valid one. Had to pull teeth for that shot as he would say "go on take it" without posing. 

Tracy Morgan was a name I needed a better shot with but sadly he didn't pose. I did get an autograph from his though. 

I of course wanted Eddie Murphy again but sadly he ignored then he snuck out. I wish I made it to the next spot where he did 14 things per person for 3 people but I guess I didn't act. I guess I wasn't passionate to act cause I had gotten him. 


Pre Event photo ops from first two days

Event photo ops

Eddie Murphy

Arsenio Hall

Dave Chappelle

Eddie Murphy autographs

non-Eddie Murphy autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment