Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Pre Chiller, Chiller, and in between

It was time for Chiller theater Halloween edition. Despite the overall lackluster line up there were a few good names for me, just no extravagant names. Plus a second chance at Abe Vigoda, something I never thought I'd have. 

It starts with a DC spot for Kevin Costner. I got him before so this would be an autograph mission for me. I join Joresky, adelta, and one other. I park illegally and just sit in the car. I could have parked legally and paid $10 to go in the event, but I decided against it. One or two people did get an autograph inside but it would have still been paying for a chance. So after they all failed they joined up with me, we went to the next spot but sadly Costner garaged it. 

Next we went to PA to try for Brian Wilson. While there we get Blondie Chaplin who was the Beach Boys drummer in the 70s. When it came for Brian Wilson they sadly blocked access to him and due to our own stupidity we did not make the next spot. I kinda wish I stayed to get Al Jardine autographs but I was so disgusted with myself I left for Chiller. 

While at Chiller we wait and see who we can mooch. I get a few people but sadly nothing I would have paid for. One notable encounter was with actress Toni Hudson. Joresky spots her. We approach and I ask for a photo op but she denies and goes up the elevator. When she comes back down she approaches me and goes "sure we can do a picture". She does one with me but refuses to do more photo ops. Guess she had the hots for me. When she went back upstairs I told her goodnight and she waved back at me. The next day she even remembered me and told her handler "this guy pestered me for a picture last night" 

We join up with our buddy Martin. Joresky stayed in his hotel room while I peacefully slept in the car without any snoring. That was so damn nice. 

Now it's time for Chiller. First I got a Trina Parks photo op. Then a Robby Benson combo on my Beauty and the Beast laserdisc. Photo ops with Kim Richards and Ron Ely. Then I got  Robert MacNaughton to sign an ET poster for me. The 11x14 they had was more expensive than the 8x10s but they somehow forgot to charge me the extra money.  

Then to the room with the Alice Cooper band where I got Michael Bruce and Neal Smith. Already had Dennis Dunnaway from the night before so didn't need to get him. They were all doing free photo ops. Michael Bruce also asked me where I was from. 

Then I got PJ Soles who was doing free photo ops. Then got photo ops with Antonio Fargas, Paul Sorvino, Richard Thomas, and former child actor Brian Bonsall who I enjoyed in Blank Check. 

Next up I enter the Lost in Space room. I need 3 of 4. Sadly there were no photo op only prices. So I got the autograph from each of Angela Cartwright, Marta Kristen, and Bill Mumy in order to get the free photo op. That was so painful. Although after seeing the Lost in Space pro ops I half regret not doing it. I regret cause it looked so damn cool with the background and the robot, but I don't regret cause I paid less for the 3 I needed and got full combos.

Then we go to the Alice Cooper signing at Nielsen Dodge, and we are even joined by 16times. Greg2600 holds my spot near the front of the line cause I had to make my Abe Vigoda photo op. We wait in line,and as I'm approaching they are beginning to crack down on photo ops. It was EXTRA annoying when some people would spend 10 minutes telling him their life story 

As we approached like 2 women in front of me were struggling with their phones. I begin to panic and offer to take their shots. Despite the staff trying to stop me from getting a photo op I ignore them and I pose with Alice and get the full combo 

Then I rush back to Chiller for the Abe Vigoda line and thankfully did not miss him. I get the Abe shot. Then mooch a couple more photo ops and even got an updated photo op with Santa suited Santa. 

After a meal at Taco Bell we go for Bob Newhart. The place has at least two exists, I'm stationed in one of them while everyone else is at another. Then I get a call and rush to the other exit. The car pulls up and the security guard says we have to all line up, we go into Bob Newhart's dressing room, and we are allowed one combo each. Wow what a nice change. Bob is nice as can be. His bodyguard takes the photo op and I get him to sign an 8x10 where he is elf suited. 

Back to Chiller where we attend the end of the concert and mooch a couple more photo ops. Two things of note happened here. First off we see Charlie Brown sutied Paris Themmen and I got that shot for shits and giggles. The other thing is I hit on a girl. As a result of hitting on her she was all over me. But then my plans are thwarted. None other than Brian Bonsall shows up and the girl goes "this is my boyfriend". My reaction was this face because that meant I was so close to a lay and that opportunity is now gone. He even joined saying "what's going on here" and I go "ohh hi, I took a picture with you earlier". 

Concert ended and it was back to Martin's room where I washed up a bit then went back to sleep in the car while Joresky stayed in the room. 

Now to showcase photo ops

Friday night photo ops

Saturday photo ops part 1

Saturday photo ops part 2

Alice Cooper

Bob Newhart

Abe Vigoda

Angela Cartwright 

Marta Kristen

Bill Mumy

Robert MacNaughton

Brian Bonsall

And now some autographs:

Bottom of ET poster signed by Robert MacNaughton

Non-ET autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment