Friday, November 13, 2015

The week of New York Comic Con 2015 Part 2

Note: Please be sure to see the previous post for Part 1

Saturday

The day started on a high note during the Ash Vs Evil dead signing. We get a photo op with Sam Raimi as he is entering the signing! Despite the fact that they had initially said no photo ops or extras, these rules were not enforced. When I was in the front of the line one of the security guards even asked me in a fun way "what are you getting him to sign" I reply "Spiderman 2 DVD"

I got everyone on the poster they provided and Raimi on my Spiderman 2 DVD which he was more than happy to sign and even inscribed "be responsible". I got photo ops with all but Bruce Campbell who I already had. Only thing that sucked was no Lucy Lawless. 

Next up I grab a photo op from Erik Bauersfeld who voiced Bib Fortuna and Admiral Akbar in Return of the Jedi. He's born in 1922 so very lucky to have that photo op. 

I mooch my way to the Into the Badlands panel and score everybody despite the handlers saying "sorry we gotta go" each time. 

On the way to the containment signing I get a photo op with the real life Peter Griffin. Even had him do the laugh! Then at the Containment signing I got combos with all but sadly my David Gyasi photo op came out blurry. 

Then I went to a spot where I could possibly get Elijah Wood and Vin Diesel. Apparently Vin did nothing for no one going in. I waited, scoured a couple of names and scored a full combo from Elijah Wood! YES! Now I had the choice to wait for Vin or go to the Bordertown signing. Not believing Vin would stop I went to the Bordertown signing. Most fatal mistake ever, cause Vin stopped for everyone 

At the Bordertown signing I got Alex Borstein (Lois Griffin) and others from the cast. Alex signed my Family Guy DVD insert as well. Back to the Vin spot where my heart was broken when I saw the Vin photo ops. To add insult to injury, I could have probably scored Vin AND gone to the Bordertown signing. How the combo Gods can sometimes be cruel. This Vin miss would affect me for the rest of the evening. Also got John Rhys-Davies who I got at RICC the prior year.

But my idiocy didn't end there. I attended the From Dusk Till Dawn signing and in doing so I missed actors from Jessica Jones doing photo ops To boot Robert Rodriguez did not do photo ops at the signing but did them at the sweet spot. To add further insult we weren't allowed photo ops at the signing. Then when back at the sweet spot I got photo ops with all the From Dusk Till Dawn cast minus Robert. 

Fresh off utter defeat it's time for the "easy" spots where we get Annette O'Toole combos. She was more than happy to stop for me, Joresky, and Greg2600. Her co star Michael Laurence just stood there waiting for us to ask. 

Next up the final spot for the evening where I needed an Amy Schumer photo op. Going in she did only two photo ops and I was lucky to get one of those two. Got some other randoms like Nat Wolff. Was not able to get a valid photo op with Ashley Benson. Sadly I was also not in a fully functional mode at this spot first off because I was so tiered as U was hardly getting good sleep due to snoring from hell and second was bummed due to my earlier misses. 

But overall I guess I can't complain and call it a bad day. I got Elijah Wood, Sam Raimi, Amy Schumer, and then some. It just had the potential to be an epic day.  

Saturday NYCC photo ops part 1

Saturday NYCC photo ops part 2

Saturday NYCC photo ops part 3

Saturday post NYCC photo ops

Sam Raimi

Elijah Wood

Amy Schumer


Sunday

The day starts with Jessica De Gouw AKA The Huntress from Arrow. I also get a photo op with Jurnee Smollett-Bell from Full House but sadly her hand is covering her face! Thankfully I made that up later in the day when she came back out. Got lots of other names here such as Michael Chiklis (The Thing in the first two Fantastic Four movies, Gotham) and Erin Richards (Gotham). Got some upgrades Ciara Renee AKA Hawkgirl (she had a hat in my first photo op) and Jim Caviezel AKA Jesus in Passion of the Christ (my first shot was a sub par table selfie). Amidst all this I got other first time shots such as actors from the Goosebumps movie and some repeats, amongst other things. 

In the middle of it all me and Joresky stepped away to get Mark Ryan (Bumblebee in Transformer movies) who was a vendor guest and we went to Macys for Levi Miller AKA Pater Pan from the Pan movie (remember the billboard we were so lucky to come across). 

The Macys event was fantastic. Photo ops were completely free and you were allowed to use your own camera. No purchase necessary. Then they gave you a pre signed 8x10. Sucks it's pre signed but at that price you can't complain a bit. 

One thing that was a thorn in everybody's ass that day was a guy from Canada who was essentially retarded. His hands would shake, he would stutter, he would give the celeb the camera to do a selfie, tell them to take two shots, he would ask them what their names were and what show they were on. Like WTF 



At one point he even KISSED actress Meagan Good on the cheek! No consent no nothing! After he did that I actually yelled him and then a security guard chimed in and yelled at him after I did. 

To give an overview of how bad this guy was, there were Master combo hunters who hated me and were engaging in verbal spats with me, but afterwards they forgot about me and were all cursing that guy out! 

As the whole thing ended, we could have waited for Jack Black, but we decided to call it a day since we had Jack Black. This ended our long trek. 

Sunday photo ops part 1

Sunday photo ops part 2

Sunday photo ops part 3

Jessica De Gouw

Levi Miller

Ciara Renee

Jim Caviezel

Michael Chiklis

Erin Richards


And now to showcase autographs obtained the past 4 days

Signed photos

Signed DVDs

Ash vs Evil Dead poster

Signed Twilight book

Containment and Bordertown posters

From Dusk Till Dawn photos


No comments:

Post a Comment