Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Post Chiller Theater Meets

Sunday

The day starts on a sour note. Me and go to the airport to try for Beach Boys singer Brian Wilson. While other combo hunters show up we sadly don't see him and think he snuck in. 

Then it was off to NYC where the main goal was Drew Barrymore. We arrive at the spot and pick a railing side to stand on. I get Lori Petty AKA Tank Girl who I never paid for at a con. Got Catherine Hardwicke (director of Twilight), actress Jacqueline Bisset, update my Cuba Gooding, Jr shot among others. Sadly I failed on two of my top wants. Michael Stipe (lead singer of REM) blew me off going in, and I was on the wrong side for Drew Barrymore photo ops. In all that chaos I did manage to get Drew to sign my ET poster that I got at Chiller though. 

Waiting for exits Stipe comes out, I yell to him and he comes over and take a shot with me! SCORE! Then Drew comes out and I get the photo op via begging but I fail to get any additional autographs. 

Overall, success 

Then we get to another spot. First we see Tony Bennett. I let Joresky get the shot since I have it. He says to take it while he's walking, I barely manage to get Joresky a valid shot before he enters the car. Then Demi Lovato comes out. Again I let Joresky go first since I have it. I then get an upgrade. 

On to the other side of the building where people are waiting for Bill and Hillary Clinton with secret service directing things. Sadly they do no photo ops and only take people's items inside to get them signed. 

On to another spot for Drew Barrymore and others, I manage to get more Drew autographs and another photo op. Sadly one of my Drew autographs get smudged. 

Overall a very successful day. 

Sunday photo ops part 1

Sunday photo ops part 2

Drew Barrymore

Jacqueline Bisset

Michael Stipe

Cuba Gooding Jr

Catherine Hardwicke

Demi Lovato

Drew Barrymore autographs



Monday

On this day we are joined by markedout's adelta. Me and adelta first check out a spot for Wesley Snipes but I sadly confirm he's not there. There were other people in that spot like Melissa Benoist and Stanley Tucci but I had them. Joresky joins up and we go to another spot where we score photo ops with Wendi Mclendon-McCoy and Bernie Sanders. 

After this I separate from the group as it is time for the Ringo Starr event (see previous post). After my Ringo Starr event I join Joresky at the David Spade book signing at Barnes and Noble in Union Square. We also see both  and 

The event starts and they announce photo ops are allowed. BUT they say we must turn off the flash! Really why does doing this always have to be stressful? Here we put ourselves in a position for a guaranteed meet, they announce we are getting photo ops, BUT even after all that we have to stress about the no flash! Can't we get ONE break? 

To boot, we had to sit through a long and boring Q&A. Annoying when you have places to be and people to get. Thankfully when we came up to him both me and Joresky got the photo op with the flash without issue. 

On a side note David Spade's brother was the moderator of the panel. Me and Joresky looked him up to see if he's worth a photo op. But upon reading his wikipedia entry he wasn't valid. We were shocked he even had a wiki page. So we didn't bother to get him. 

Next up we go to a spot where we were hoping to see Rachel McAdams, Michael Keaton, and others. The previous photo op I got with Keaton he is essentially Birdman faced as he has facial hair, glasses, and a cap. The spot was looking dead and as a result many combo hunters left. BUT then it then showed sparks of life. 

Sadly Rachel McAdams was not there but I do get another Michael Keaton shot! WOW he looks so much more like Bruce Wayne in that photo. It's almost like a first time photo op. Then I get repeat shots with Brian d'Arcy James, Stanley Tucci, and Mark Ruffalo. Sadly I couldn't get Keaton autographs as he said he would just do photo ops. 


Full list of Sunday photo ops

Michael Keaton

David Spade

Bernie Sanders

David Spade autograph

Tuesday

This day starts with me and adelta trying for Joy Behar, Raven Symone, and Whoppie Goldberg. Needed to upgrade Raven, wanted another shot with Whoopi, and never got Joy. Sadly Joy and Raven give the "no make up" excuse and we never saw Whoppie

Next spot we saw Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani, Pharrell, and Mike Tyson but none of them stop. Though a combo hunter ran after Tyson's car and got him to do a roll down. 

Now we have one major goal, namely Jennifer Lopez. We arrive at the spot. Ray Liotta and Jennifer Lopez do nothing for no one going in. We manage to get Drea de Matteo and via Joresky's spotting we get Mike Maronna. 

Ray Liotta then gets driven out and does nothing for no one, despite me calling him over. Guess he lied when he said on the way out! This was heart breaking cause he was my backup name. 

When it came time for J-Lo to leave they said they can take a little girl inside for a chance but not us I've known who J-Lo was for longer than that little girl has been alive yet she is somehow more entitled than me. Inside the driveway the little girl doesn't even ask for a photo op and J-Lo ignores her. What a waste of an opportunity. 

After this failure we head to a spot for Jennifer Connolly and Anthony Mackie. We all manage to mooch inside the event. When inside I look around and tell Joresky that this doesn't look like any event that would be receiving a celebrity. To boot we sat through the end of a screening of a really horrid movie. Sadly this didn't pay off because I was right. I felt like a total jackass till we left the building and saw two Master combo hunters waiting outside. We informed them that no celebs came to this. Seeing them made me feel like a little less of a jackass plus it was thanks to us they did not waste their time waiting more. 

Now we were in drunk and salvage mode. We got to a spot and Nathan Lane blows us off. Sarah Jessica Parker and Mathew Broderick were there. Sarah does nothing for no one but I had her. Got a Mathew pic but I already had him. This spot wasn't a total waste cause I got Danny Aiello, Robert Sulla (Sleepy Hollow), Julie White (Transformers). I also spotted Bernadette Peters (who I had) and tried to get adelta to get the photo op but she went to her car.

Next up to a spot with essentially much of the same people of the last spot of the prior evening. I also spotted Oliver Stone but he said no. I had him so no big deal. My main goal was a Keaton autograph but he wouldn't sign. I did however get a spectacles faced photo op with him.

Full list of Tuesday photo ops

Michael Keaton take 2

No comments:

Post a Comment