Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The not so LUCKY day that turned around

With NYCC week planned, I arrived in NYC the day before the first official day of NYCC. During that time me andhad a few big goals in mind, namely, 

Jennifer Lopez
Clint Eastwood
Kristen Stewart
Woody Allen 
Kate Winslet 

The day starts about 1pm and the first stop was Jennifer Lopez. We arrive at the spot and the setup was bad. Essentially she did not have to come out and could stay indoors. Additionally, the spot had a front and a back. We then go to another spot for Kristen Stewart, but we see nothing. Then we get some info for Michael Caine! Supposedly his movie was still shooting but we didn't know if Caine was on set. I was personally suspect of the info as a whole. We check it out, and nada. 

To boot, we also find out that Clint isn't filming till late. So no chance for him at the moment. 

We then go to another spot where Clint was staying and also where we have a shot at randoms. While there we find out that Clint left 45 minutes before we got there but did nothing for no one. 

After more nothing we go back to the spot for J-Lo, but we couldn't figure out if she was still there or not. And even if she were there it would be 50/50 which side she comes out from. So we bailed on that spot. 

By now it is about 6pm. So far hours upon hours gone to waste. Damn, something told me I should have slept in. I was right.

We rush to a spot to catch Kate Winslet going in. While almost there we find out she went in but did nothing for no one. Radioman was also there waiting. On exits Kate also does nothing for no one but we get photo ops with screenwriter Aaron Sorkin and director Danny Boyle. 

To add insult to injury, when Kate arrived at the next spot she did about 2 photo ops!

Next up we go to a spot for Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett. While going there I get a call from Vanessa the Jersey Shore stalker with a good tip for Stephen Speilberg! YES! This could turn my day around! So I separate from Joresky and wait. There are lots of others waiting as well. While leaving he does nothing for no one, I beg and plead for a photo op but get nothing!  

I join Joresky at the spot, all defeated. Robert Redford comes out, agrees to do photo ops but not autographs, then his girl starts pulling him away and he simply poses for no one. I only manage to get an invalid shot that doesn't count. Cate then comes out and signs but does no photo ops. I then get a Dennis Quaid photo op but I had him already. Then I get a photo op with director James Vanderbilt. 

Completely defeated, we still have the hope of Clint. But if all else fails, go to the "easy" spots. So after multi failures I rushed to a spot with Lea Salonga (singing voice of Princess Jasmine in Aladdin) and George Takei from Star Trek. I arrive and it's a mob scene. Through the skin of my teeth I manage to fight my way through the crowd and get the full combo from her. After she took a picture with me she did only one other person and went to her car! Next up Tekei comes out and I get an autograph. Did not bother with a photo op as I have a perfect one. 

Now using a tip we have we scout out a Clint Eastwood spot. We had the time, we had the location. We go there and a Master combo hunter happens to be there as well. But sadly all is barren. No signs of any activity, no signs of Clint. Wow just wow! The Master gives up, and we give up soon after. We then go to McDonalds with our heads down, completely defeated. This was at about 12:30 AM. Whilst eating at Micky Ds, I could not believe all the misses, all the bad lucks! In previous days other people got perfect photo ops with Clint, Kristen, and other big names. WHY can't we be that lucky! WHY did we have such bad luck. 12 hours of trying and running around NYC and pretty much every single target we aimed for either we did not see at all or they did nothing for no one. 

I was completely crushed, destroyed, distraught, depressed, and defeated. All these smilies combined don't even begin to describe my feelings and my emotions while eating at McDonalds. 









Joresky reminded me that none of these street meets are guaranteed. While that's true I pointed out that out of ALL these targets we should have at least hit SOMETHING! I honestly couldn't believe how cruel the combo Gods had been to us over the past 12 hours. 

It's now about 1:15 AM and Joresky advised that it is now time to head to the car to get a good night's rest as we still had 4 days ahead of us. Still miserable I reluctantly agreed. As we left McDonalds I told Joresky, just for the hell of it let's just pass by the spot for Clint. While both of us believed it would be fruitless Joresky agreed to do it just to make me feel a little better. 

So we walk up to the spot and what do we see? A car with 3 Masters and Clint Eastwood merch! What else do we see? What was dead about 45 minutes ago was now FLOURISHING with activity. Equipment, sets, and the vehicle of Clint himself! 

My reaction was this face 



So based on the tip, we had the location right but the timing was actually off! We even saw more Masters and even Clint in all his glory! I did try to ask him for a photo op at one point but he ignored us. Radioman was also on set with Clint. Radioman was actually the one that told the 5 Masters that were present at the spot. It was surreal that our source had information that was essentially exclusive to Radioman himself! 

While the hope was there, given my luck I was still cautiously optimistic. I was so afraid this would be something we would wait till 5AM and he would say he was too tiered. 

At about 2:15 AM the shooting halted! Clint was ready to leave. So me and Joresky line up with the Masters with our items. Clint starts to sign! I then ask for a photo op and he goes "take it while signing" and "I'll only do one or the other". Despite that both me and Joresky miraculously score photo ops! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT BUT WE DID IT  

To boot, I even got two laserdiscs signed! Though some of the Masters managed to get more things signed. 

After this was over I am yelling and screaming in the middle of the street! I so was afraid we would be up till 5 AM and it would be a bust, yet here we are not even 3 AM and victorious! 

We then head back to the car, and while I park in my free spot we back up the Clint Eastwood photo ops in Joresky's computer. 

It is truly as if the combo Gods felt sorry for the horrible way they treated us over the 12 hours span then after McDonald's they decided to feel pity for me. Wow just wow! 

Clint Fucking Eastwood

Signed Laserdsics

Full list of photo ops for that day

non-Eastwood autos for that day

No comments:

Post a Comment