Monday, November 30, 2015

Some meets in late October and early November

In late October a few days after Chiller I attended an Exorcist signing with director William Friedkin and author William Peter Blatty. I already met Blatty before so Friedkin would be a new meet for me. 

I arrive and wait in line. Blatty is late but William arrives and goes through the line to say hi to people. While he does that I ask for a selfie. I get the shot, primary objective is done early. So I was essentially in bonus mode from this point forth. This was a fantastic move because at the signing anyone that did get a photo op while he was signing got an over the table shot.

I go through line and I get Friedkin on my Exorcist digibook blu ray (already signed by Blatty the previous time I met him). I tried to get another item signed but he wouldn't do it. At this point Blatty arrived so I had to juggle a spot in two lines. I was successful because I got Blatty on two Exorcist photos and went back in line and got Friedkin yet again on the other photo. Did not bother with a Blatty photo op as I had it. 

After the signing a Master combo hunter got Friedkin to sign more for him so I joined in and I got him on yet another photo for me. 

They were doing a post signing event commemorating the steps, but after this sweeping success I chose to go on a craigslist hookup. 

William Friedkin photo op

Signed blu ray digi book

Photos signed

Both Williams signing


Next up a day in early November where I have two objectives. Original Guns and Roses drummer Steve Adler and actress Helen Mirren. Steve Adler is such a nice guy he's basically a guarantee, and Helen I did not have hopes. Two reasons: the venue wasn't the best and she is known to blow people off for the photo op. 

So I go to the art gallery where Adler is trying to sell art that cost $500 and up. I stand in line and it is my turn to meet him. He is nice as can be, takes the photo op, shakes my hand, and even sits down and changes pens to sign autographs. Wow I wish all meets could be this pleasant. You have Ringo that charges over 3K and doesn't even sign the book he's promoting, and here you have Adler that is as accommodating as can be for nothing. 

I then go to try for Hellen Mirren. The setup is she is leaving one spot and going to the next spot. I choose the next spot since she has been known to garage at the first spot. I go to the next spot and watch cars pull up and people go in but don't see her. 

After entries are done an elderly couple arrive to meet her. They point out another side door that I didn't know about. We wait there and suspect that's where she came in. There was a dinner and after the dinner there was a dance. We were concerned she would stay for the dance. People trickle out after the dinner and I actually spot Helen before the others. As she is entering her car I ask her for an autograph from across and she says to come on over. My reaction was this face I ask her to sign a picture from calendar girls where she is nude and holding her breasts. She refuses to I have her sign another picture. While she signs for the elderly couple I ask for a photo op at first she refuses but as luck would have it she was signing a photo op. I ask again and she poses I could not believe it! After the elderly couple were done I ask for one more item signed and I got that. 

In this sick passtime it is truly rare you hit all your targets, especially when you were not expecting to. 

Steve Adler photo op

Signed Guns and Roses CDs

Helen Mirren photo op (strangely the full autograph was actually the second item she signed)

Helen Mirren autographs 


Next up was music legend and Beach Boys front man Brian Wilson! He is someone I failed to get 3 times in the past month. 

I see him again and I get a photo op! YES, perfect shot. I then try to get autographs unfortunately it's a semi bust autograph wise. First on my primary item he signs literally a silver dash, blemishing it Then when I get him to sign it again he signed a half decent autograph. Then on another item he almost ruined it and signed a horrid line next to Mike Love to a point where you can't even tell there's another autograph. 

I ended up removing the dash with minimal damage on my primary album resulting in an item signed by Brian, Bruce, and Mike. And I manage to almost seamlessly remove the "invisible" autograph from the other album. Sucks I got 3 scribbles and ended up with just 1 autograph, but I got a full combo from a top music name that I previously failed at so I can't complain about the end result 

Brain Wilson photo op


Now let us look at the autograph. Here you have the albums "before and after"



Notice the white one has the "dash" next to the word "The" which I had removed. I took another shot of the aftermath of the blemish close up on the lower left.

 The ugly scribble on the bottom right is the decent graph. You can clearly see Br~~ W~ And on the other album you see a long line with a curve next to Mike Love which I erased. Perhaps I would have kept it if it were far away from the Mike Love autograph. 

I was actually fortunate fortunate cause Masters actually had their items ruined as he signed completely over other autographs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment