Monday, November 7, 2016

I had a PASSION for some IRON COBRAS

Let us look at some of my endeavors before heading out to Chiller. 

First off I try for an incoming train of actor Jeremy Irons. Sadly I don't see him. Could he have walked by me? Could he have garaged it out? The mystery remains unsolved. 

I then head to the event. While waiting secret service asks what I'm doing I say I'm "just hanging". Finally a town car pulls up and there he is. I ask for a photo op he says he does not do selfies and I have to ask someone to take it. I get the photo op. Yes I am now on board! He signs for a grapher then I try for an autograph but he denies me. The secret service guy then says "now I know why you were waiting". I then proceed to show him some of my photo op collection and he goes "they're people just like you and me". I say "well I see it differently, I guess to each his own". I call over the grapher to go over to the next spot then tell the secret service guy to "have a good day" and he replies "have a good day gentlemen" as we walk away. 



Proceed to the next spot for a shot at one holy grail level want, and one huge want. Namely Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn, respectively. Luke Bracey, who plays Cobra Commander in GI Joe: Retaliation, is also there. 

I enter the event and give out the name of a Master and they check the name from the guest list. I am let in. Sadly in the event it didn't seem like it was possible to get near the celebs. They were surrounded and security guards watched you like a hawk. At one point they went right passed me and I felt crushed beyond belief. Wow what a painful experience that was. The event then ends and I rush outside as I believe there is no opportunity inside. 

Two Masters are outside and they point out which cars belong to the three of them. Go by the door where exits are going happen and the waiting game begins. We are three people, myself, one Master, and his minion. Much better than NYC spots where you would have 30 to 300 people. There was one security guard that was being particularly aggressive towards me inside the event, but as I told the other two, if he dared do anything on the sidewalk he would have hell to pay. 

Everyone comes out at once, and security surrounds. The Master breaks him down for the photo op and he does it. As he heads towards his car I beg and plead and completely ignore said security guard next to Mel (who to his credit was not very aggressive with me). As I plead more Mel goes "ok ok, stop screaming". I then get this incredible holy grail shot with this legendary actor and director, Mel Gibson

Mel also signed for the third guy there. But I didn't get a chance to ask for autographs. It was really either or in that setting. 

Sadly in this focus on Mel, Vince Vaughn is already in his car. But I rush to Luke Bracey who is not yet in his car. I ask for a photo op and he does that no problem. 



Overall I would say a successful day. Sucks the photo ops aren't ideal (shades, beard) but October which is usually my best month has been pretty dire and flourished with so many punches. Beggars can't be choosers when it comes to street meets and I've been quite the beggar lately. So I am ever so grateful to the combo Gods for this day where they giveth me Jeremy Irons and Mel Gibson 

No comments:

Post a Comment