Sunday, November 6, 2016

The weekend quest for Bill Murray

Bill Murray is a huge want of mine that I previously failed on in the past. So on a weekend in October I had a chance at him. Armed with a camera and my items, I hope to score this huge want of mine.  

But first I would go for a spot to try for director Tom Shadyac and actor Robert Duvall. Tom has directed many great comedy movies including Ace Ventura, Liar Lair, Bruce Almighty, Patch Adams, and The Nutty Professor (among others). Duvall I had but wanted to upgrade my photo op and get some autographs.

I arrive and wait for Tom's event to be done. After the fact he is nice as can be. I get the combo. 

I also see Ed Asnar walking around and my reaction is this facebecause I forgot to print stuff for him. But I got another photo op with him.

Sadly I missed Duvall going in, so I had to wait for a more chaotic exit. I would also be joined by and some other people he informed of this spot. 

On exit it was chaos. One guy try to tell me "sir, he's not signing" I respond with a quick and curt "leave me alone" and Duvall starts signing. I get autographs and I get a photo op. Sadly I consider this photo op a downgrade from my last one. Though he has a cap in my first photo op here the pose isn't very good.  

Unfortunately this spot was not without a PUNCH in the face. There was another spot with Miley Cyrus but I expected it to be total chaos (which it was). But some people did have success there, though others also failed. I set my sights to where I thought I had more guaranteed success. Additionally, a Master would not give me the hotel of Miley (where she did combos) because he was afraid I would pass the info to Joresky. 

Now off to the next spot for the evening. This is where I would at least see Bill Murray. 

Sadly this spot would start off badly for me as I missed Ivan Reitman (director of Ghostbusters 1&2 and Kindergarten Cop) and Brian Doyle Murray! Addtionally there would be a policeman who did not like our presence. He would say he feels threatened by us following everyone around. He said "I have a job to do" to which I responded "you have a job to do, so do we". 

Bill Arrives and sadly is not in a photo op mood. He says he's going to walk and to walk with him. I manage to get one of three autographs that he gives out. I got him on my Ghostbusters laserdisc which he looked at before signing.

I also got a Paul Shaffer photo op on entry which was a tad blurry but got a retake on exits. Some people got Santa bearded David Letterman photo ops but I had no reason to fight for that one. He also refused to sign autographs saying he's no longer in show business. 

On exits I manage to also get a Sigourney Weaver autograph and BEG Ivan Reitman for a photo op which I manage to score. Ivan didn't sign anything. Bill comes out and signs 7-10 autographs but I sadly fail to get one on exit. For some reason he seemed to have singled me out in this round. 

Jane Curtain and Bill Hader did nothing for no one on entries or exits. 

Go to another spot where I watch Bill Murray curse out adelta (I didn't approach as I knew he would do nothing for no one there). I also get a Jimmy Kimmel combo (upgrading the hat and shades photo op I have with him). 

Tom Shadyac

Full list of day 1 photo ops


Next day is a spot where Bill Murray and others are expected. The first arrival is Brian Doyle Murray and I ask for a photo op one on one. He did the shot, but did nothing later. 

I also improve my photo op with Ivan Reitman and get autographs. Coming in I got him on my Ghostbusters laserdisc and his page on the Ghostbusters blu ray digibook. Leaving I got him to sign the director's letter that comes with this. 

Got more Sigourney Weaver autographs including the blu ray digibook. Emma Stone comes and I got a photo op along with autographs. Sadly her autograph on my Amazing Spiderman 2 8x10 is bad as she signed on a dark spot and went over Andrew Garfield. I consider this item garbage. But I got her on an 8x10 and two Amazing Spiderman 2 posters so I don't mind. 

Other photo ops included Rhiannon Giddens and Roy Blount Jr. Also got Bill Hader autographs. Sadly both Bill Murray and Miley Cyrus snuck in and out. At one point I was thinking of going to get Heather Menzies and actor Nicholas Hammond (both in the Sound of Music and Nicholas played the 1970s Spiderman) but didn't for fear I would miss Bill. In hindsight that was a horrible move cause I would have missed nothing. 

Later on Bill Murray shows up and does nothing but shake hands. Jane Curtin as usual does nothing for no one. 

On exits I tried again for Emma Stone (I have no shades shots from her in the past but needed a better shot) however she didn't do too much. Some got photo ops by breaking barrier rules but I didn't want to do that for an upgrade. 

Bill Murray leaves and keeps going. I am weary about breaking rules at this spot as I don't want to strain things, but I do. After adelta gets a cell phone no flash shot I go up and ask but he ignored me and walks inside. 

We then wait on the other side of the building. Larraine Newman starts signing and I beg for the only photo op she does the whole evening. Bill comes out and we're told to line up, but he just goes into his car. 

With this epic fail, I try one last spot to no avail, then I drive home in depression and tears. 


Ivan Reitman

Full list of day 2 photo ops

Now to showcase autographs obtained:

8x10 photos part 1

8x10 photos part 2

Amazing Spiderman 2 Posters

Blu Ray digibook: Sigourney

Blu Ray digibook: Ivan Reitman

Ghostbusters laserdisc

Only other living member I would add to the laserdisc is Rick Moranis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment