Monday, November 28, 2016

Rhode Island Comic Con 2016

Since Froggys took their time to send jpegs I had to wait to make this report. 

After my fight and subsequent success with Richard Dreyfuss, me and head out to Providence for RICC. I drop Joresky at the air b&b he's crashing at then go to the convention center parking garage and collapse. 

Though I had little reason to do RICC for two days (given that Gal Godot was now my only day exclusive want) doing it two days did allow me to relax at a con and go through it stress free. This in itself was a nice change of pace. 

Also thanks to Joresky's vendor buddies we were able to possess vendor passes which were worth their weight in gold and they allowed us easy entry and exit and we didn't even have to go through searches. 

The day begins and I start with voice actor Michael Bell who was in GI Joe, Transformers, The Smurfs, and many other things. Then to Shannon Faron who voiced Wonder Woman in Super Friends. Off to the American Pie folks where I add Thomas Ian Nicholas and Mena Suvari to my near complete American Pie collection. 

Video game voice actor Nolan North had quite the line but I stood in it and got him. Then I got a FREE photo op with John Brennan (Mort Goldman from Family Guy) and other stuff. Robin Shelby (who wore the Slimer suit in Ghostbusters II) was free to all VIPs and vendors. First they said free auto and $10 photo op with the vendor pass. I asked if I could just get a free photo op instead of a free autograph. Then the guy went ahead and said free combo 

Then I went to the Legends of Tomorrow actors and got Casper Crump (Vandal Savage) who was nice as be. And then Falk Hentschel (Hawkman). 


Go to the Froggys area and split Frank Grillo with then back to the main area and go for Deadpool actors. Got Stefan Kapicic AKA Colossus and split Brianna Hildebrand with Greg. Then split 90210's Ian Ziering with Greg. 

After helping Greg out by standing in line for Jeffery Dean Morgan autographs, I looked up what artists might be worth getting and got free photo ops with Joe Sinnott, Steve Lavigne, Roy Thomas, and Allen Bellman. The first 3 were actually shocked I wanted a photo op with them and were more than happy to oblige. Tried for a photo op with Jim Steranko but he said he only takes pictures with hot girls. WTF? If I bought an autograph from him I would have been so pissed had I been denied a photo op.

RICC concluded and it was time for the markedout dinner. It was good to hang out and BS with everyone in a relaxing and stress free setting. I bought a $4 appetizer (a plate of sweet potato fries). Met overthetop for the first time. Joining us was Asian Dave, Joresky, Woodmo, Lanza, wewantflair, Greg2600. Asian Dave said AJLe would also attend was disappointing that he didn't. 

After the dinner we head over to the hotel for some mooching. I mooch Michael Cudlitz, Mark Boone Jr, Theo Rossi, and Travis Aaron Wade. All but Theo are first time shots. Get an update with Melina and an upgrade with Kelly Kelly. I have several Kelly Kelly shots but they are all airport and hotel shots so they're not the best. This shot is night and day compared to what I have I'm glad I never paid for an upgrade all the times I saw her at cons. Then got an upgrade with co creator of Deadpool Rob Liefeld and finally get Arthur Darvill no shades shot (although he has a beanie).

It was painful seeing some people I got at the con walking around that I could have had for free. After this head to the Motel 6 where I split it with Asian Dave and Overthetop. 

Frank Grillo

Thomas Ian Nicholas

Mena Suvari

Casper Crump

Falk Hentschel

Stefan Kapicic

Brianna Hildebrand

Full list of Saturday photo ops part 1

Full list of Saturday photo ops part 2

Full list of Saturday photo ops part 3

Next day I wake up relatively early in order to get a free parking spot. Went to try for some mooching but only got Ming Chen and chatted with NYC combo hunter Leslie while her boyfriend was in the Gal Godot autograph line since he had a Gal Godot VIP ticket. 

Go inside the con and today it would see the presence of NYC Masters (mainly there for the nasty Gal Godot). 

First I go to the table of Guy Gilchrist who claims to be co creator of Muppet Babies and an animator for the original TMNT cartoon. Got a $10 combo with him but I am hard pressed to find online evidence of his claims so I hope I didn't waste my money. 

The table of Michael Koske advertised free photo ops. Though upon further research he seems barely valid I just saw the word "free" and "photo op" then acted upon that. 

Now it was pro op time. I split John Ratzenberger (Cheers, Toy Story) with and both Gal Godot (Wonder Woman) and Millie Bobby Brown (Stranger Things) with 50 Shades of Rey. Sadly we got screwed on Millie Bobby Brown as she made a funny face (she didn't do that for other shots). Wow how unlucky. Gal Godot was actually being super friendly and greeting everyone. I guess she was being fake nice. Millie Bobby Brown, age 12, is both the youngest pro op I ever obtained and the youngest photo op I ever paid for. 

The time at RICC was coming to an end. I picked up a photo op with Kevin Grevioux (co creator of Underworld). I asked him to remove the cap for the photo op and he goes "oh sure, sure!". 

My last get at RICC was Expose member Gioia Bruno. She looks at me and said I look too young to be around in the 80s. HCIT. After the photo ops she goes "hugs are free" and hugs me. 

Gal Godot

John Ratzenberger

Millie Bobby Brown

Full list of Sunday photo ops

RICC autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment