Saturday, November 19, 2016

The PRINCESS gave me some WOOD

It was a long and grueling RICC weekend yet there was no rest for the weary as I get a tip for actor Woody Harrelson and director Rob Reiner (Princess Bride, A Few Good Men, When Harry Met Sally). Not too much can make me move after a long grueling weekend, but two great names that I failed on in the past would do it. 

I drive to get to the spot. I am a few blocks away and would get my first PUNCH. The police blocked the road! I waited and waited and the road didn't open up. So I made an illegal left turn and had to detour to the spot! Sadly by the time I got there the Master waiting informed me that I was 20 minutes too late! He showed me his perfect Rob Reiner photo op and an invalid Woody photo op. He also added that he doesn't care that much because he has a perfect shot with Woody from the pre digital age. 

He would leave while I waited in case they would both leave to go to a restaurant as opposed to staying for the whole event. Sadly it became evident they would stay and I was stuck waiting. Wow how crushing. 

The event breaks and the Master returns. He looks around and says none of the cars waiting belong to them. WTF! At this point we're not even sure if they're inside or snuck out but after research seems they're both inside. I attempt to mooch my way inside but to no avail. A bit later one grapher who is a minion shows up. 

Wait a bit more and all of a sudden everyone that is left inside walks out. I first approach Woody and ask for a selfie and he agrees! I couldn't believe it! I got a shot and it is valid! I then take a photo op for the Master but turns out it's still invalid. I then run to Rob Reiner and get a photo op. I ask him for autographs and look for my gold but accidentally give him the blue. And he is nice as can be making sure to sign in the area where the blue would show.

Me and the minion then wait to ask Woody for autographs but he denies us. 

As I was leaving I get a call about the restaurant they were at in case I wanted to attempt for  a Woody autograph, but I decided to quit while ahead. 

Sucks I had to dedicate much more time than I initially had hoped, but the end results speak for itself. And getting two upper tier names I failed on in the past, one of which is not known to be the nicest, that's a pretty damn good end result. 


Woody Harrelson

Rob Reiner

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment