Saturday, November 19, 2016

Pre Rhode Island Comic Con meets in two cities

Prior to going to RICC, me and  headed to NYC. We arrived a little later than we had hoped but the event we were going to ended up having no access. With that revelation we went to a spot where was waiting. As we arrive turns out we missed Jon Voight by 10 minutes though I already had him. We end up getting actress Skyler Shaye and waited for JK Rowling but turns out she went through the back of the building.

With a rather uneventful evening we commandeered a free parking spot and readied to get some shut eye. Vanessa the Jersey Shore Stalker decided to to crash in my car in order to get up early and try for Ryan Phillippe of Cruel Intentions. Since he is a want of mine I decided to join her at the spot. 

Wake up bright and early and go to the spot. Unfortunately for Joresky who is still fast asleep we find out Voight already left. 

So we wait and wait and Ryan finally comes out and is nice as can be. Sadly he's wearing hat and shades but at least that's a fresh photo op for me. 

Next up I go for Priyanka Chopra. I got her before but the shot I have is pretty bad. She is wearing shades, she is in a car, pose is bad, and the sun is shining. Rather than shoot for an upgrade Joresky preferred to go eat breakfast at McDonalds citing that she'd have shades on (and by the time he got back the railing was full so he could not wait). 

The crowd is sizable, she arrives, and starts signing. I tell her I have nothing to get signed and want a photo op. She pulls a Moses/red sea on all the graphers' extending hands and stands next to me as I selfie it. Though she is wearing shades it is still night and day compared to my old shot. MUCH better in every respect. Even the shades she is wearing you can see through them. Based on my old shot I almost considered I didn't have a photo op with her. 

Next up I try to break the long running curse I have with Jennifer Lopez. Go to the spot but I see nowhere to wait. Turns out she is in a building that has a garage. Abort mission, the curse lives on. 

Go to the set for Pierce Brosnan. I have a shades shot with him so this would hopefully be an upgrade. First get is Tate Donovan who I missed out on in the past so I was happy to get that. See Wallace Shawn and I figured why not get another shot. He also said that today he's a celebrity doing photo ops and no one knew who he was yesterday. I replied "really? That's inconceivable". Joresky took my shot but it was invalid. No biggie as I got him so I didn't fight for a retake. Next picked up shot with Cynthia Nixon (update) and Debi Mazar (upgrade). 

Also got in a spat with another grapher who made a threat. I cursed him out and dared him to make the threat while I recorded him. 

Finally time for the main event with Brosnan and he is swarmed by graphers. I get an auto and he does one photo op. The graphers leave and the guy who I had a spat with apologizes to me. I accepted his apology and shook his hand. Me and Joresky then wait for round 2 with him and in a rare NYC moment we have a huge name 2 on 1! He signs, takes photos. Sadly the photo was overexposed and Joresky didn't notice or take another for me (after I took a perfect shot for him that he relished when he saw). 

This ended our time in NYC as we then head for Hartford. 


Pierce Brosnan

Ryan Phillippe

Priyanka Chopra

Full list of NYC photo ops

Brosnan autographs

For reference, my old Chopra shot


My main want in Hartford is Richard Dreyfuss, and my secondary want is Roscoe Orman from Sesame Street. 

First stop is Dreyfuss. It breaks and we wait. We get a photo op with actress Christa Scott-Reed. Finally the witching hour is upon us. In order to increase my chances at a photo op I hold up my program and my camera, keep all my merch in a bag, and ask for a photo op. He goes off on me and says "you're a pro autographer, you're a pro you're a proooo" and I ask him how am I a pro if I'm only asking for a photo op. He attacks me and grabs my bag asking "what's this, what's in there, merchandise, you're a pro". 

This marks the first time a celebrity physically assaulted me. 

He then goes to a restaurant, and I decide to wait for him to finish. Before doing that I go to the next spot for Roscoe Orman and Cleavant Derricks from Sliders who is get if there for me. We are by the front and Cleavant dashes out the other door. But we manage to catch Roscoe Orman. He sees us and looks at us with a mixture of this face and this face  but when we explain what we want he is nice as can be. We each get a combo no issue. 

Back to Dreyfuss and I confirm that he is still in fact inside. Wait a little more and him and his entourage exit. I plead some more and his wife goes "ohh you've been waiting all this time, c'mon take a picture with him" as I grab a selfie! Wow success when I didn't expect it. My reaction was this face

I decided not to push my luck with an autograph as we head for Providence. 

Richard Dreyfuss

Full list of Hartford photo ops

Autograph





No comments:

Post a Comment