Tuesday, March 24, 2020

First NYC endeavor of 2020

Kicked off NYC in early February with the Jessica Simpson book signings at Bookends in NJ. Arrive and we get the guaranteed photo op and unsigned book. Also there was her husband and football player Eric Johnson who I got a selfie with. No idea who he is, but never know he may one day be cast in a movie with her or do something with WWE.

This sadly would be a wasted effort as I ended up going to her NYC hotel and getting her there (got the book signed).

The next day would be off to a bad start. Tried for Shania Twain but she garaged and didn't stop both way in and way out. Go to a spot where you see randoms, but saw no one good. 

Next up is a spot for country singer Tanya Tucker. I don't normally go for country but I like getting the old school names. Waiting there (which was arranged by Vanessa the Jersey Shore stalker and friend) was NYC combo hunter Mitchell Wenig who plays in the Adam Sandler movie Uncut Gems. He is the guy who is given the fake Rolex. Pretty cool bonus if you ask me. 

Tanya Tucker went from her bus to her $100 meet and greet and did nothing. But coming back from her meet and greet she did multi combos. Glad I didn't know about the meet and greet cause I likely would have paid for it to have a guarantee.

Went to another spot where my main want is actor James Cromwell from the movie Babe. First I get Priscilla Lopez then James comes through and is nice as can be. I would miss other actors going in including Ben McKenzie whose autograph I wanted but I would make it up later in the evening. 

After a break, went to try for actor Mel Johnson. He was the black taxi cab driver turned alien in one of the best Arnold movies, Total Recall. His show had other barely valids but didn't get them cause was focused on him and didn't know how they looked like. He was nice as can be, signed and took a photo.

Back to the James Cromwell spot and got Ben, got a fresh shot with Maulik Pancholy and repeat shots with Jane Alexander and Michael Urie. Then a shot with actress Ashley Park.  Kathryn Gallagher was letting out but decided to check a spot with models and see what I can get there. Sadly not much (spoiler, would make up Kathryn in the future). Checked out another spot but it seemed most everyone was gone and it was getting too cold to be out at that point. So I ended my time in NYC.

Jessica Simpson

Mitchell Wenig

Tanya Tucker

James Cromwell

Mel Johnson

Full list of NYC photo ops

Autographs obtained

No comments:

Post a Comment